cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Speeds/Temps - G751JY (4870HQ)

jbeardy
Level 7
Hi all,

Just curious to find out what the normal CPU fan speeds and temperatures I should be seeing.
I noticed a sudden audible change from the fans as I was just browsing the web the other day. Going from near enough silent to easily noticeable, but not overbearing.
Using HWiNFO64, my CPU readings are 40-45*C and 2300RPM just surfing the web and such.

Specs:
Asus G751JY-T7192H
I7-4870HQ
32GB RAM
GTX 980M 4GB

Solutions Ive tried:
Installed latest BIO
Full windows restore
Contacted Asus (replied with, its not normal so send it in for repairs) Last resort.

Would appreciate any info anyone may have.

Kid regards
Jay
9 REPLIES 9

joshindaphils
Level 11
What is you CPU usage? Likely there is a process ramping up your utilization causing the fans to run higher.

Boxis
Level 7
2200-2300RPM is the minimal value you will get with these fans so everything should be fine in my opinion.

Yep already checked CPU usage and all is minimal.

Boxis wrote:
2200-2300RPM is the minimal value you will get with these fans so everything should be fine in my opinion.

If this is true then thats good news!
Not sure why Asus replied with it needing repairs..

jbeardy wrote:
Yep already checked CPU usage and all is minimal.

If this is true then thats good news!
Not sure why Asus replied with it needing repairs..

Because those guys don't have a clue about most of the particularities of the notebooks. I am pretty upset by this, because we should have had some special technical team for the RoG series... It's the best notebook series afterall ....

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
jbeardy wrote:
Hi all,

Just curious to find out what the normal CPU fan speeds and temperatures I should be seeing.
I noticed a sudden audible change from the fans as I was just browsing the web the other day. Going from near enough silent to easily noticeable, but not overbearing.
Using HWiNFO64, my CPU readings are 40-45*C and 2300RPM just surfing the web and such.

Would appreciate any info anyone may have.

Kid regards
Jay

hey jay,
i am also on a g751jy, and my spec's are in my sig. i use cpuid hwmonitor to check on everything. it is a very complete program to see what is going on with everything. my rig's cpu stays between 38-41c while actively surfing the web, and the fans are at 2300rpm. when i do some heavy work, it ramps up to the low 50's, and fans go up to ~2900-3200. under the heaviest strains of gaming or video rendering they ramp up to 71c for cpu and 3600rpm on the fans. i hope this helps. cheers.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

aeolisio
Level 10
I run the db73x with the 4870 and at heavy benchmarks or 3d renders and with an controlled ambient of 27 i never hit cpu above 65 on any core and gpu at 61 and the 4870 is a hot chip. I do use a cooling pad with fans exactly at the intake ports but it intakes most of its air from the keyboard and side ports when i did the smoke test.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Jay

I have exactly the same JY as you. I get the same temperatures as you too.

On a cold boot up on idle, doing nothing my CPU will be 37 to 40c, according to Notebookfan control.

Me writing this now to you, using Firefox or surfing the web i can get between 40-46c

If i play Witcher 3, or intense gaming all on Ultra etc i get 75c-85c...sometimes up to 90c in extremely rare times.

I remember seeing others also having the same temperatures posted here, i think your mini beast of a laptop is all ok. :3

I think your CPU is fine,

kingjezdi
Level 9
hey,

has anyone the notebook fan control with the CPU & GPU ?!

warryabel
Level 7
only for jt? ican change both individual...nbfc