CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

That should have cleared the cmos, there is a clear cmos button on the back of your pc. Power down and hold that button for 3 seconds then try booting. The button should have a green circular arrow.

If this doesn't help and since you're getting the same error with 2 motherboards with minimal components, would you have another psu to try?

Was your pc ever able to boot?

ROG Member Array

Yesterday I've managed to start this computer. After several restarts, the system managed to enter the BIOS using one HP RAM module. Out of curiosity, I've tried also the initial modules from Kingston and surprise, they work as well. Step by step I've added the other components verifying each time if the stupid motherboard will still be able to boot. All connections were done outside the case. Rarely, the system stops for 2-3 seconds in the boot process before any OS activity, and it starts all over again going well through all stages till the desktop is shown.
    Don't ask me how it's working because I have no clue. I've managed to put everything back in the case and now it runs. Judging by how picky and unstable this board is, I can't consider any BIOS tweak for now.

I am expecting this board to fail in some way during the period covered by warranty. Honestly, I do no recommend anyone this board. For sure there are motherboards out there, cheaper, more stable and more reliable that will do the job just right.
    Last edited by tzili; 07-23-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz 16-16-16-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX

Hey great to hear you got it running, I'm wondering if you might have had a ground or connection problem? Anyway now that it is running you should see code AO when in windows. Code AO = everything is AO K.

Like I said don't be so harsh on the impact vii, you're really going to like it I promise. There are a lot of settings to play with in the bios but you can let most settings on auto, Asus does a great job at tuning their motherboards.

Don't forget to install the drivers from the support page, chipset driver, intel management engine driver and the usb 3.0 driver, everything else is pretty much optional.

Try setting your ram and see how it goes, you shouldn't have any problems now that it's working.

Nice job again getting it going !

ROG Member Array

Thank you Nate. I will try to stay away from the BIOS tweaks for a while. It feels like everything I would do will potentially put this board in the situation to not work anymore. To be honest, I never had such issues before. I've used a lot of MSI mainboards and they were quite great. The main reason I've chosen this board was because of the sound capabilities. It looks like it can handle this better than other boards. Since the build it's a mini-itx and I'm not a fan of the external things, this one looked like the best choice.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz 16-16-16-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX

It really doesn't get any better than ROG in my opinion. I know my board is older but I've been running my cpu at 5.0GHz for the last 5 months with no problems, it's a rock solid motherboard if you get a good cpu from intel to go with it.

Play with it for a while, roam around the bios and get familiar with it and let us know how it's going. Like I say I think it was either a ground or a connection problem but you got it sorted out and all seems well now.

Have you got your ram set?

ROG Member Array

Many reviews about this case (SG13) are pointing the fact that it gets very hot. I totally disagree with that. I've played some COD 2 (I know it's old but this is the only one I had) with everything set to maximum including 2k resolution, and the processor stays at 35 degrees C and the case is like a fridge. Unfortunately, the CPU fans are a bit noisy. It looks like the fan control under BIOS is not working as it should. I wasn't able to set the cooler fan speed to work at minimum rotation when the temperature is a decent one (<35 degrees C). Anything I'm trying to set in terms of duty cycle for the lower temperature threshold, it will automatically set the duty cycle to 100% and only a reset can bring me back my old cooler setting.
    Any idea on how to decrease the cooler fan speed? It looks like it's working at 1500 RPM more or less. From the Q-FAN tab on BIOS, at the time of determining the minimum duty cycle that can be applied on my cooler fans, the result is 35% (or something near). This should correspond to 875 RPM out of 2500 which is the maximum.

PS: Incredibly, the RAM works at 2400 MHz after touching the BIOS. The board didn't fall apart. That's new.
    Last edited by tzili; 07-27-2015 at 06:09 PM.

ROG Member Array

Yep....it's me again.

So, let's have a short overview. I've been able to use my computer for roughly 1.5 years. At he beginning, because we are talking about a ROG product, I've tried to make use of the highly praised overclocking features. Conclusion? Crap. And a big one. The board was never able to run with an overclocked processor. Every time when I was trying to increase even with the smallest amount the CPU speed, the system was failing to start. Ok, I said to myself. I just paid almost double the price for a board which essentially has only a fancy name. It's incredible how the mind adjust itself in these cases. Slowly you start being thankful for smaller things. Things like..."it's running". Indeed. During this time my PC was able to run but with at least one complete system freeze per use. Sometimes the things were getting to the point where I wasn't even able to use it at all. Freeze after freeze after freeze.

Now, after all this time I said to myself....let's give the thing a cleaning since there was a lot of dust visible inside. Very wrong decision. The crap Asus Maximus VII Impact motherboard has remembered it's true nature: a cheap and horribly bad designed overpriced product. Code 99 has just returned.

Most probably, soon I will post here the link to the youtube video where this piece of **** will burn in flames. Stay tuned people.
    Last edited by tzili; 12-11-2016 at 04:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2