cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx460 in Asus G73JH??

ll_r1d0_ll
Level 7
hi i will be getting a GTX 460M from one of my friend soon ! he pulled the card from alienware so i want to ask if it will work in my G73JH? is there any modded bios required to make it work ? if anyone is having any info regarding this kindly share it 🙂 thank you !
4 REPLIES 4

midnighter
Level 7
did it work then???

midnighter wrote:
did it work then???

sadly it didnt ! ended up in returning the gtx460 back and getting a used DELL'S 5870m ! and its working like a charm except the fans are at full RPM !

ll_r1d0_ll wrote:
sadly it didnt ! ended up in returning the gtx460 back and getting a used DELL'S 5870m ! and its working like a charm except the fans are at full RPM !

i saw just now that your model comes with an ati originally not nvidia, I think that even with a vbios flashed it wouldn't work as it's a different manufacturer.
Anyway thanks for the reply 😉

midnighter wrote:
i saw just now that your model comes with an ati originally not nvidia, I think that even with a vbios flashed it wouldn't work as it's a different manufacturer.
Anyway thanks for the reply 😉

lol yeah i know that but there is a thread that a guy made gtx 770m work on G73JH 😄 with modded laptops's bios and vbios 😄 ur welcome btw 😛