cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

980ti Strix Whats the hold up?

bdolphin66
Level 7
Hey does anyone know what the hold up is for this card. They say 1-2months on amazon and like a week and a half a go they showed up on newegg for a little bit, but then never came back. I was going to wait for the matrix version, but since EK said they will make a waterblock for the strix I wanted to go with this one. IDK if they will make a matrix waterblock but if any company does it will prob only be one or two. Seeings how the matrix will be a while and a waterblock even longer after that I decided for strix. Any info on when this card will be in stock would be greatly appreciated! = D Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

JuSiZ1
Level 10
I don't know but i ordered one month ago and still waiting!! :mad:

pathfindercod
Level 8
Apparently their was a hault shipments because the heatsink has a design flaw. It has gaps between the pipes that come in contact with the gpu die causing hot spots. This is what essentially was making all the reviews showing the excessively high temp (mid to upper 80's) which was high for a cooling solution of this design.

BradM73
Level 7
I just ordered 2 980 Ti Strix from Newegg on Friday (July 31st, 2015). They actually shipped out Friday and I have tracking info that shows they will be here on Monday. Newegg shows them as out of stock, but you can "back-order" them, which means they probably have some quantity of them available or on the way.

_TRG__Kicker
Level 7
Im waiting on the 980 ti poseidon to be released. It will be a nice add to my setup!

BradM73
Level 7
I got my two 980 Ti Strix's today!! WOOT!!