cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot & shutdown

Sound_Beats
Level 7
Hello, I've nocited, sometimes, maybe one time in week, when i Start Up my PC it's booting and after a few seconds it's shut downing.
I did not pay attention what Q Code is in RVE when it's happen and what is on screen, today this issue is happened, and when i start up mine PC i turn ON my monitor, and there was no screen, just black screen and shutdown. When i again tried start up PC this start normally.

I think this is often issue i I understanding well last topics in this section.

I have newest BIOS 1502, CPU is Intel i7 5820K, RAM KIngston HyperX Predator 4x4GB, enabled XMP profile, BCLK 125.0, CPU Ratio is 29, Memory Freq is 3000MHz.

I hope this is BIOS issue as i think, but dear friends i want to get your opinions about that.

Regards
12 REPLIES 12

Sound_Beats
Level 7
Chino, can you explain your answer?

Chino
Level 15
The symptom that you're experiencing can be caused by unstable RAM. Clear your CMOS to put your system back to stock default to run your RAM at 2133MHz. See if the issue still appears.

@Chino, some days ago i cleared CMOS because my system was seen only 12GB, now it's ok.

This issue is very rare, as i said, average 1 time in week, this happened today but i remember this was first time in this month, so.

I buy 3000MHz DDR4 so i want have factory frequency for what i paid. How can i repair this if te memorys is unstable? This mean something is damaged? This should working fine...

@DukeNukem i have too GTX 980, but this is Gigabyte G1 Gaming. This is connected to the first PCI-Ex port and is connected with monitor via DVI

Fans in case starting turning and led on them lightning every time, also when this issue is happening, if I understand u well and u mean that.

Sound Beats wrote:
@Chino, some days ago i cleared CMOS because my system was seen only 12GB, now it's ok.

Missing modules can be attributed to two main causes. One is RAM instability and the other is excessive pressure during the installation of your heatsink which prevents all the pins from making contact with the CPU.

Sound Beats wrote:

I buy 3000MHz DDR4 so i want have factory frequency for what i paid. How can i repair this if te memorys is unstable? This mean something is damaged? This should working fine...

The further you stray from 2133MHz, the higher the chances are that manual tweaking is required. Sadly, not all 3000MHz RAM is plug-n-play on every CPU. Usually there are two voltages that require tweaking: System Agent Voltage and DRAM voltage.

@ Sound Beats - You are correct that if you are connected to DVI you will not see this issue. It only happens when your only connection is displayport.

It sounds like you need to explore the avenues described by Chino.

Chino wrote:
Missing modules can be attributed to two main causes. One is RAM instability and the other is excessive pressure during the installation of your heatsink which prevents all the pins from making contact with the CPU.

So i think cuase is they are unstable, because when i build this PC some months ago was everything ok and system saw all modules, if this is important only system not saw all modules, just 12GB, but programms like CPU-Z saw all 16GB. Since i cleared CMOS and again set XMP profile system too see all modules, 16GB

If I never tweaked manually, only just set XMP profile, and this working some months, nothing get damage? I can easy repair this issue as u say, by tweaking manually?
So can you teach me what i have to do to repair this and what i have to do with those voltages what u say

DukeNukem
Level 7
Don't overlook the possibility of a GPU issue. What GPU do you have and how is it connected.

I have an EVGA GTX980 FTW ACX 2.0 connected via displayport and it occasionally goes to a blank screen (PCIE issue).

Did the fans spin up and the HD light do anything, or just nothing?

DukeNukem

samarlian
Level 8
I have encountered your problem and also had the issue of 12gb ram , this is only since I went to 1502.bios , I cleared cmos to get back to 16gb. But i am on my 3rd install of Windows on default settings but this time with no updates, so let's see how it goes . As my system would boot put freeze for a few minutes the desktop icons appear