cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PCI Data Aquisitioning Signal Controller

boeingaviation
Level 7
Ok so after having windows crash on me a few times I've finally got it back up and running with one issue, my install isissing the PCI DATA acquisition & Signal processing controller driver.

I reinstalled windows 7 professional 64 bit a few days ago and the following day I updated it to Service Pack 1 and then had to install some 200 updates following my install.

Now on two separate occasions now I have had the graphics card drivers stop and restart where the screens will go off & then come back on once the driver has restarted, is this relatated to the PCI Data Controller problem I have?

I have an old ps2 keyboard installed and also a Logitech webcam but I can't find the drivers for that on the net to install. It's a quickcam s7500.

Can someone on the forums please help me get my system back running properly?

I don't want to have to reinstall windows again.

Many Thanks,
Chris
i7 4790K @ 4.4GHZ 1.145v/Asus Maximus VII Ranger/16 GB Kingston Hyper X Savage Red DDR3-1600MHZ 1.5V/Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC 11GB/EVGA 750W Supernova G2/Corsair H110i AIO Cooler/Corsair Graphite 780T case
32 REPLIES 32

Nate152
Hello boeingaviation

Is this your webcam?

I went to the Logitech site and found this in the driver downloads, it says no software is needed.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/quickcam-communicate-deluxes7500

After you installed windows did you install the chipset driver, the intel management engine driver and the usb 3.0 driver? All other drivers are optional unless you're using some asmedia sata ports then you'd want to install the asmedia drivers.

If you've done this maybe try a bios update. Here's a guide you can follow if you're not familiar with it.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Does any of this help?

boeingaviation
Level 7
Hi Nate,

No that's not my webcam mine is not the deluxe version.

Tonight windows downloaded the webcam software and installed it so it is now working.

After I installed windows I put the Asus driver DVD into the computer and clicked "Drivers" and then Asus install to automatically install the drivers.

Managed to fix the pci acquisition data & signal processing driver buy going to the Asus drivers download and downloading the most recent Intel chipset driver and now the yellow hazard symbol has gone from the device manager.

I have also tonight installed the Microsoft fixit tool for the nvidia problem where the graphics driver is suddenly stops responding and then restarts itself so I will see how I go with this over the next few days.

It has been one big mission to get my pc back up and running after my upgrade I hope it is smooth sailing from here.
i7 4790K @ 4.4GHZ 1.145v/Asus Maximus VII Ranger/16 GB Kingston Hyper X Savage Red DDR3-1600MHZ 1.5V/Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC 11GB/EVGA 750W Supernova G2/Corsair H110i AIO Cooler/Corsair Graphite 780T case

Nate152
All right that sounds alot better !

Just out of curiosity what gpu and psu do you have and does the driver crash anytime or just when gaming?

I have an EVGA GTX 970 FTW Edition with an EVGA Supernova 750W G2 PSU.

Driver crash has only happened when I haven't been gaming so far, but I will need to test it a bit more and actually do se gaming.

The PSU & GPU are fine I believe as I used these on my old setup preciously with my old i7-2600k setup.

boeingaviation
Level 7
I have an EVGA GTX 970 FTW Edition with an EVGA Supernova 750W G2 PSU.

Driver crash has only happened when I haven't been gaming so far, but I will need to test it a bit more and actually do se gaming.

The PSU & GPU are fine I believe as I used these on my old setup preciously with my old i7-2600k setup.

boeingaviation
Level 7
Also I have my windows installed on my SSD Samsung 840 Evo drive & in the magician software I have it configured for maximum performance.

Each time I boot up or restart the pc, when it comes to the screen "Starting Windows" & it starts loading the windows logo it doesn't completely load the image above where it says "Starting Windows" before it loads straight into the desktop.

Is something wrong with that or is the SSD just loading into windows very quick as there is not much installed on my c drive at the moment.

boeingaviation
Level 7
Forgot to mention that when I reinstalled windows I left all my HDDs connected when installing windows.......is that a problem?

Nate152
I don't know if that would contribute to the gpu driver crash but you only want to have the drive connected you're installing windows on, no other drives.

Is the gpu driver still crashing after running the fixit tool? I doubt if that helped much. 🙂

boeingaviation
Level 7
So should I uninstall windows and reinstall with only my SSD & DVD. Drive selected.