cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 installation media - Which one to choose?

dapogz717
Level 7
Hello,

I'm downloading the windows 8.1 installer media..

Which one should i choose? I'm using the current windows that came installed with laptop (OEM)

-windows 8.1
-windows 8.1 n
-windows 8.1 r
-windows 8.1 pro
-windows 8.1 single language

I'm trying to download the single language.. is this correct?
6 REPLIES 6

clockworksatan
Level 7
I'd go for the first option; just Windows 8.1
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

@dapogz717...
Please search & READ other's comments BEFORE opening new thread for something that has already been covered FULLY in this forum.

Have you ever consider running "winver" OR open the properties of "computer" OR open "system information" ?
the info sits in your installed OS.

Plus, WITHOUT READING - you'll install a RETAIL version of windows and you WON'T be able to activate it properly.
READ HERE for a FULL ANSWER.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
@dapogz717...
Please search & READ other's comments BEFORE opening new thread for something that has already been covered FULLY in this forum.

Have you ever consider running "winver" OR open the properties of "computer" OR open "system information" ?
the info sits in your installed OS.

Plus, WITHOUT READING - you'll install a RETAIL version of windows and you WON'T be able to activate it properly.
READ HERE for a FULL ANSWER.

Dude im just asking.. no need to be rude.. and on the last thread, the link you gave.. you need to be registered to view the download link.
i download both the single language and 8.1 only... the 8.1 only works with my serial.. so thats fine with me.. Thanks,

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
none of them!!!! it's the worst os in the history of os's. download windows ten instead. it is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! and ten times better than windows 8.1
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

AQUASTEVAE wrote:
none of them!!!! it's the worst os in the history of os's. download windows ten instead. it is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! and ten times better than windows 8.1

Oh, it's not that bad. In my opinion Vista still holds the title for the worst version of Windows, by a long, long shot! Once you get around the Windows 8 cludged-up UI (or just install Classic Shell) it's a perfectly decent OS.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

AQUASTEVAE wrote:

THis is mis-information. Windows 10 is not free. The UPGRADE to WIndows 10 from Windows 7, or 8.1 is free. If you do a fresh install you still have to purchase it.

ASUS ROG GL551JW
Intel Core i7-4720HQ 16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M