cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY purchase Uk

Luke_Fitzpatric
Level 7
Hey guys,

I'm trying to purchase a G751JY-DB72, I'm in the Uk and I'm not having much luck. Overclockers Uk are out of stock, I'm not trusting Amazon and the British Asus website directs me back to the US store that wont let me ship to the Uk. Obviously I'm missing something blatant here, could you awesome folks point me in the right direction or to a contact address Asus actually answers?

Much appreciated, cheers
Luke
30 REPLIES 30

Smiles69
Level 7
Hi Luke,
Same problem here, I'm trying to get the G751JY, I'm not sure but I think these models are in the process of being replaced with the Gsync inbuilt models, which should be in stock in the next few weeks. I'm not 100% I'm sure someone can set us straight.
Regards
Simon

antoine52200
Level 8
weird and there aren't any other online trusted stores in the UK that sells the G751jy?

Luke_Fitzpatric
Level 7
@antoine Bounced an email off Overclockers this afternoon who said they stock G751JTs but their out of everything else currently. PCWorld would be like buying your laptop from Walmart and Amazon has one guy selling JY's from Ireland but Street Viewing his address shows up as a field with a rusty shipping container in it! Hence why I'd prefer to buy my top of the range expensive laptop direct from Asus. The Asus Uk store just links back to the US side and I've tried emailing several Asus addresses so far with no reply. Thats why I'm posting here for advice and probably going to bite the bullet and make an international call to them on Monday.

@Simon Hey buddy, glad to see I'm not the only Brit in this boat! You're right, I looked up the G-SYNC laptops and it appears they are replacing the previous series G751s. Also looks like they've only been out under a month, so its not a case of Asus being out of stock their end. (Maybe they're in the process of shipping a new batch over?) Oddly the G-SYNC range prices in quite a bit cheaper than the range its replacing? Not too sure thats priced correct lol. Anyway if I find out any more I'll post it up in here and let you know too.

Still would be good if someone could fill in the blanks and let us Uk folk into the loop of how or when we can purchase our G751s, cheers!

antoine52200
Level 8
i understand you want a trusted dealer, that you can find easily if needed.

You can always buy one on a french store, you won't have any custom taxes, and you should be able to use asus UK for repair even if you bought it in france. Or just ask PCWorld to keep you updated when they get somes back in stock if you can wait of course.

Asus UK send you back to the US store and they don't even shipp to UK.. i will never understand this!

Smiles69
Level 7
Had a word with a friend who works in pc world, he said they are due some in a week or so, just keep checking the web site every day. Fingers crossed.
Cheers all

Luke_Fitzpatric
Level 7
Cheers for the info chaps. I'd rather avoid PC World if possible, their markups are ridiculous and a Dixons Group warranty isn't worth the paper its written on, been burnt by them before. (I'm being a dick I know, appreciate the heads up and I'll check them out if I have too).

I've put another message in with Overclockers asking if they are going to carry the new G-Sync G751s and if so, when they'll be available to pick up. I'll also touch base here again tomorrow evening after giving Asus a call in Cali. Wonder if I'll get through to JJ? lol

clockworksatan
Level 7
I got my one from Amazon and it was a great experience. Next day delivery and arrived in perfect condition.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

Luke_Fitzpatric
Level 7
Ok well this absurd drama continues, I finally received a reply from ASUS customer support this lunchtime. I quote:

"Thank you for your inquiry. However, ASUS Store is a branch of the ASUS Computers North America Region Support Center and will not ship outside our service area." ... "An alternative is to know someone currently living within our service area (US) that we may ship to, and then that person can ship the merchandise to your country."

(The reply also directs me to ASUS UK's 'Where to buy list' that links back to their US ASUS Store ... )

I have got the right ASUS haven't I? The international industry leader in computer products? I received a reply from my second Overclockers enquiry saying they don't have any information on new stock either. How in todays modern age does a serious computer manufacturer not sell internationally? Heck I just bought a second hand book from a small book store in West Virginia and it shipped in 4 days! ASUS isn't leaving much choice but to seriously consider MSI & Alienware for my new laptop.

Luke Fitzpatrick wrote:
Ok well this absurd drama continues, I finally received a reply from ASUS customer support this lunchtime. I quote:

"Thank you for your inquiry. However, ASUS Store is a branch of the ASUS Computers North America Region Support Center and will not ship outside our service area." ... "An alternative is to know someone currently living within our service area (US) that we may ship to, and then that person can ship the merchandise to your country."

(The reply also directs me to ASUS UK's 'Where to buy list' that links back to their US ASUS Store ... )

I have got the right ASUS haven't I? The international industry leader in computer products? I received a reply from my second Overclockers enquiry saying they don't have any information on new stock either. How in todays modern age does a serious computer manufacturer not sell internationally? Heck I just bought a second hand book from a small book store in West Virginia and it shipped in 4 days! ASUS isn't leaving much choice but to seriously consider MSI & Alienware for my new laptop.

This is the same reply I got from overclockers, not good, I'm going to hold out for a few weeks. I'm sure someone will get stock of the new gsync
Models.. They may be holding out for windows 10 so they can advertise with this included?