cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JM touch pad problems.

blackguard
Level 7
When I installed the drivers first time I got them of off the Asus site, namely this:
http://www.asus.com/ro/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JM/HelpDesk_Download/

As that is for my region.
From what I saw, I have seen some threads, but I recall them being older in regards to the touch pad function. My problem is that every single FN+F key combo works except the FN+F9 to disable the touchpad. It's quite a hindrance as it's uncomfortable to type on the keyboard with my hands held above. If I don't do that I tend to touch the pad and subsequently, the pointer puts the writing like in the middle of the sentence or something.

How did people solve this problem? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

redduc900
Level 9
Make sure you've installed the latest Elantech Touchpad driver V11.5.16.2, and the latest ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities V1.0.0034. You can check in Programs and Features for the current version numbers.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

GottiBoi55
Level 10
blackguard wrote:
When I installed the drivers first time I got them of off the Asus site, namely this:
http://www.asus.com/ro/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JM/HelpDesk_Download/

As that is for my region.
From what I saw, I have seen some threads, but I recall them being older in regards to the touch pad function. My problem is that every single FN+F key combo works except the FN+F9 to disable the touchpad. It's quite a hindrance as it's uncomfortable to type on the keyboard with my hands held above. If I don't do that I tend to touch the pad and subsequently, the pointer puts the writing like in the middle of the sentence or something.

How did people solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Hi blackguard,
I have had this same issue in the past, the solution is to perform a "repair/reinstall" of the Elantech Touchpad driver.
This procedure should restore the functionality of the fn+f9 key combo.
You should also do the same (repair/reinstall) for the latest "ATK Package Driver" too .

Hope this answers your question my friend?
Good luck, and good gaming!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"