ROG Enthusiast Array Quixote PC Specs
    Quixote PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Formula
    Processori7 4790K
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600 PC3-12800) UDIMM Memory BLT4KIT8G3D1608DT1TX0
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX SC+ ACX 2.0+ Graphics Card with Backplate 06G-P4-4995-KR
    MonitorLG LED TV/Monitor
    Storage #1Crucial MX200 250GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
    Storage #2Crucial MX200 500GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series™ H115i 280mm
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i PSU
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LED
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Accessory #1 ROG Front Base Panel
    Accessory #2 NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion

CPU fan error message on M7F at start-up.

Hi.

I just built my system with the Maximus 7 Formula outside of the case for a test-run and post, and everything is going pretty well so far, but I'm getting a "CPU Fan Error" message at the post that directs me to the BIOS.

I haven't installed my operating system yet, so I don't know if it will do that on boot-up, but I've read online that I should go into the "Monitor" portion of the UEFI Advanced Mode and just set CPU Fan Speed Lower Limit to "Ignore". I don't know if that's a good idea or not. Should I do that, or is there a problem with the way I hooked up my water cooler, or what?

FYI: Obviously, since it is out of the case at the moment, there are no chassis fans hooked up.

I have a Corsair H100i GTX installed already. It's plugged into the board as the instructions specified, as far as I know. I put the four-pin cord into the CPU-FAN four-pin slot, as well as the Corsair Link USB line into one of the internal USB 2.0 slots. The fans are hooked up to the main hub over the CPU also, so they are running just fine.

I'm getting a good, steady CPU temp of 35 degrees. It's been on for about 30 minutes and hasn't changed much. It's level at 35.

So, I'm not sure what's up. Is there some reason I'm getting that fan error? Does it matter?

Also, I have a related question: If my Corsair H100i GTX radiator fans run through the Corsair link, does that mean that my ROG Front Base Panel display won't control them? Will it only control the fans that are directly plugged into the motherboard, such as chassis fans? Do I need to run those radiator fans through the motherboard instead for the ROG Front Base Panel? If so, does that mess things up with the fancy H100i GTX software?

Confusing times.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Quixote; 07-26-2015 at 01:01 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array wa3pnt PC Specs
    wa3pnt PC Specs
    MotherboardFormulas VII
    Processori7-4790
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon
    MonitorPlanar 27" Touch & Sony 27"
    Storage #1Intel 500GB SSD
    Storage #2(3) Intel 250GB SSDs
    CPU CoolerWater
    CaseCL S8
    Power SupplyRM1000
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterNumerous Netgear

The H100i fan connection that normally goes to the CPU Fan Header on the Motherboard should send the Pump Speed to the motherboard.

Ensure that you have the cable connected to the CPU Fan header, and not the Optional CPU Fan Header.

Is the CPU Fan Speed displayed in the BIOS? It normally runs about 2200 RPM.

And you are correct in that with the Fans connected to the H00i Pump, you will not be able to control them with the ROG front panel. But you will be able to control them with Corsair Link.

RodeoGeorge