cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Video Card and Battery Issues

Merciless
Level 7
Hi all,

I apologize if this is not the right section to post this in, but, I'm at a loss right now.

I purchased a ROG G75VW 2 years ago from Newegg (Refurbished) and am running into issues. About 3-4 months ago, I stopped getting video display on my monitor. I could connect an HDMI cable and plug directly into my TV, no problem. Now, I cannot even do that to get a picture.

The laptop boots up as normal and I can log into the system by knowing the sounds, entering my password and pressing Enter and the sounds indicate it has logged me in... but no picture.

I've read on different websites that the video card is soldered onto the motherboard. Is this the case for all ROG's? Or, laptops in general? I've invested some money further into the laptop (upgraded RAM, SSD), so I'd rather not purchase a new system if I am to repair this one at a decent price.

Also, it seems the battery in the laptop no longer keeps a charge. I had a warning about the same time the video card went, indicating that the battery needed to be replaced. I re-seated the battery and it seems to have gone away. Obviously, I can't tell if it's keeping any charge at all, but, if I have the battery inserted into the laptop, plugged into the wall and remove the plug from the wall, the laptop dies.

So, I guess my overall question is, can anything be done to fix this, or am I better off sucking up the investment I've put in, be happy I got 2 years out of it and move on to another machine? As I've said, I'd REALLY prefer not to sac the machine...

Thanks for any help or insight on this.
2 REPLIES 2

code9523
Level 9
The gpu is not soldered to mother board it could be replaced but used on ebay cost about 300 usd. Look like your battery is dead cause if laptop dies when you unplug it from the wall battery is not in good shape.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

installer
Level 8
Have you tried a vga monitor? maybe that connection still works!
G750JW-T4041H | i7-4700HQ | 1 x 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 2 x Samsung 2TB HDD | 32GB Crucial Ram.