cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Project - Personal ROG sleeper

Retired
Not applicable
So im looking to do a new system that will be for everyday use, im looking to source some parts and would like to get some of your feedback.

Just came across this fan from silverstone and it seems pretty damn cool, anyone have experience with this fan and how functional it is?

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=AP181&area=usa
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
No personal experience but I've read a few reviews and they generally seem positive depending on the application. Are you thinking of using these for all of your fans or mixing with something else? I'm interested in improving airflow in my P180 but given that my H50 is on the exhaust port I'm not sure if these fans could accomplish much.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

ottoyu34
Level 9
I can see these good for radiators, but also seen people actually cut off most of the grills, which directs the air flow. It might be the fact that the air grill creates too much air resistances and noise. I personally suggest getting scythe gentle typhoon no matter what application it is, Tons of watercooler will agree that this fan is one of the best for radiators.

What parts are going into the build? air or water cooled? what important aspects do you look for(oc, slient, size)?

xeromist
Well, if it's going to be used on a rad intake then I don't see the point in the grill since the flow is already directed. Perhaps on the exhaust if you wanted to direct it out of the case better.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

martin_metal_88
Level 8
I do have one here...In my million fan collection XD. Nice fan, working great, sound is decent, air pressure and CFM are good. But it's nothing near a gentle typhoon for both sound and performance. So unless they are at a good price of you can't find some GT's, I wouldn't go for them.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
How do these company's test there fans..... other then the last one the air flow is all over the place.

I know ill get told different but isn't the idea of the fan to give direct air flow like SilverStones show... but as i always find out there's a lot more to things then you think off from the top of your head.

These are the one's i use but on my H70, real quiet and dropped temps 3c on load over the standard Corsair units supplied but saying that if the GT's come in a better colour id of gone with them.... seen a Mod paint job on the GT's which made them look really good so who know's why they left them the colour they are..

pcjunkie209
Level 9
So Brian what ever did you do with this build?? Or is it top secret?!? 🙂
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com