cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY 100Hz Update - How???

Xuphra
Level 7
So I got the Asus G751JY, but I cannot seem to get my display to 100Hz with the latest Nvidia Drivers. (Version 353.30)
I heard they launched an update that changes the display's Hz from 60 to 100. Also read on a post that, earlier versions of the G751JY does not get this update? Is this correct? (I bought mine in December 2014).

Best regards.
9 REPLIES 9

Exostenza
Level 9
There is no update that I know about that changes the refresh rate to 100hz. I have the G751JY and I set a custom resolution in the nVidia control panel with 100hz. I have been running it for months with absolutely no issues but you have to realize that the panel is not rated for 100hz so your mileage may vary. That being said, running 100hz has changed the way I view gaming and I will never go back to 60hz again. The fluidity of 70-90 FPS is just amazing!

Exostenza wrote:
There is no update that I know about that changes the refresh rate to 100hz. I have the G751JY and I set a custom resolution in the nVidia control panel with 100hz. I have been running it for months with absolutely no issues but you have to realize that the panel is not rated for 100hz so your mileage may vary. That being said, running 100hz has changed the way I view gaming and I will never go back to 60hz again. The fluidity of 70-90 FPS is just amazing!

My Nvidia Control Panel shows 60Hz as max. 😕

aeolisio
Level 10
The bios update changed it to 75 not 100
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aeolisio
Level 10
clean install drivers and update your bios. Even older 751s have been able to run 75+. More info here
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57157-G751-GTX-980M-100Hz-IPS-G-SYNC
and here
http://1pcent.com/?p=545
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

antoine52200
Level 8
and if 100hz doesn't work after doing what aeolisio just told you, try 90hz, if it works try 95hz, if it doesn't work go back a couple of hz.. you see my point just take the time to check as far as it can go. Mine can go to 104hz but i leave it at 90hz for usual desktop tasks, and when i play games i set GPU tweak to 100hz like this in 1 click i overclock the GPU and the monitor and i'm ready to play!

Ravenmoon
Level 7
I have used 75hz for a while now, and had np with it, the other week i raised to 100hz, and a few days ago i got a dead pixel ?!! I tried everything to remove it but nothing worked, then i went back to 60hz and it is gone, so maybe these panel cant work for g sync ?

Ravenmoon wrote:
I have used 75hz for a while now, and had np with it, the other week i raised to 100hz, and a few days ago i got a dead pixel ?!! I tried everything to remove it but nothing worked, then i went back to 60hz and it is gone, so maybe these panel cant work for g sync ?

What!! Of course theses panel are g-sync compatible.. i have it running right now! did you try to go back to 100hz now to see if there is still a "dead pixel"? Did you try 95hz? or 90hz? because theses panel can run a 100hz and they are compatible with g sync. A french compagny did a full test of the "new panels" on g751 with g-sync, and they prooved it's just the same panel with a sticker on it..

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/informatique/avons-teste-g-sync-mobile-nvidia-n44147.html

I also have this machine and still don't have any idea whether it is GSYNC-capable or not, but even it supports that feature maybe I would not use it for gaming because I realize the limitation of the GTX 980M for running most demanding games in full HD and ultra setting above 60fps, for me 50 - 60 fps is more than enough.

Seperti yang kita ketahui bersama bahwa aktivitas pengarsipan dokumen tentu membutuhkan sarana dan prasarana yang memadai agar semua hal yang berkaitan dengannya dapat terlaksana secara optimal. Mungkin dapat kita bayangkan betapa ruginya sebuah perusahaan jika menyepelekan pentingnya nilai sebuah informasi untuk kelangsungan bisnis mereka karena hal ini tentu saja menyangkut aspek kepercayaan publik yang harus dipertahankan. Tidak ada salahnya jika sebuah kantor memiliki minimal 1 buah lemari arsip untuk penyimpanan berkas-berkas agar di kemudian hari informasi yang benar-benar dibutuhkan dapat diperoleh secara mudah. Apalagi jika yang dimaksudkan disini adalah perusahaan besar dan bonafid sudah barang tentu hal-hal yang menyangkut kepercayaan publik senantiasa dinomorsatukan dan bukan hal yang sulit bagi instansi sebesar ini dalam menyusun anggaran belanja untuk pengadaannya.

Kita perhatikan bahwa memang perkembangan perangkat sistem informasi sudah melaju sangat pesat belakangan ini dimana hampir semua sektor bisnis telah melakukan transformasi ke arah digital. Belum lagi jika kita gabungkan dengan tingginya minat masyarakat terhadap layanan jual beli online yang sangat digrandrungi sekarang ini dimana menambah tingkat ketergantungan bisnis terhadap teknologi digital yang membutuhkan koneksi internet. Salah satu sektor yang juga turut dalam melakukan transformasi ini adalah bisnis pengadaan furniture online dan bisnis jual lemari arsip yang mana keduanya mempunyai segmentasi pasar yang cukup luas belakangan ini. Seiring dengan terus tumbuhnya kantor-kantor perusahaan baru dan semakin menjamurnya toko online penjualan furniture maka keberlangsungan bisnis di dunia digital terasa semakin menjanjikan. Kita berharap semoga semua perkembangan dalam dunia bisnis e-commmerce ini dapat terus berjalan normal di tengah-tengah situasi krisis ekonomi yang sedang melanda seperti saat ini.

agushartono wrote:
I also have this machine and still don't have any idea whether it is GSYNC-capable or not, but even it supports that feature maybe I would not use it for gaming because I realize the limitation of the GTX 980M for running most demanding games in full HD and ultra setting above 60fps, for me 50 - 60 fps is more than enough.

Agree. Too much compromises for running 100 FPS with 980M.