cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable G-SYNC and 100Hz on your G751JY (Tutorial)

Xuphra
Level 7
Hey guys. I just enabled/unlocked G-SYNC and 100Hz for my Asus G751JY's monitor. All credit to sk3tch on the forum which has the original post and link to the download. I'm posting this as I didn't really find a proper guide, and I had to do some trouble shooting.

Anyway, let's get started. Here are some pictures of 100Hz on my G751JY.

First you will need the latest BIOS for G751JY. (208 as of writing this). Install it with WinFlash.
Link to WinFlash and latest BIOS: http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/3/719/0/3/LYuLg2456gbkV5dw/41/

Assuming you have the latest BIOS, download the hacked and leaked Nvidia Driver version 347.25
Link to driver: http://1pcent.com/?p=545

Extract the archive and run the setup file.
Follow the setup just like any other Nvidia driver setup.
Once you're done, restart your laptop.
Once restarted, launch Nvidia Control Panel.
Under "Display" you should see "Set up G-SYNC" Click it and tick off "Enable G-SYNC"
This panel will tell you to make sure;
1. Set the G-SYNC capable display as the primary display on the "Set up multiple displays" page.
2. Set vertical sync to G-sync on the "Manage 3D Settings" page.
Click on "Manage 3D Settings" under "3D Settings"
Look for "Vertical Sync" in the window to the right and make sure it's set to "G-SYNC" in the drop-down menu.

Now head over to "Change resolution" your refresh rate should be bale to go up to 75hz. Obviously we want 100hz, so we're going to go ahead and click on "Customize" at the very bottom of this window.

Click on "Create custom resolution"
Leave Horizontal and Vertical to it's default. ONLY change the Hz.
Up it until it says 100hz like in the picture, then hit "Test." Your screen will refresh, then apply 100hz.
Hit "ok" in the customize window and make sure your new custom resolution is the one selected.

Hit Apply and you're good to enjoy GLORIOUS 100HZ MASTER RACE.

P.S. I know this was way lengtier than needed, but I tried to make it idiot-proof.
24 REPLIES 24

antoine52200
Level 8
You should've used the G-Tool v2 instead of the leaked driver (you can use 347.88 and 348.01). it's much more stable than the first leaked driver, at least for me..

antoine52200
Level 8
And anyone can get the the leaked driver by searching it on google.. But, good thread for people who don't already know this and don't know how to do it

Edweird
Level 10
Thanks, but ... this is the 5th or so thread detailing how to do this, it's very old. Every time someone posts this, several hopes and dreams are shattered 😛

Edweird wrote:
Thanks, but ... this is the 5th or so thread detailing how to do this, it's very old. Every time someone posts this, several hopes and dreams are shattered 😛

+1000

It's kind of old and like i said there is "better" versions of this leaked driver for better compatibility with higher original drivers.
That's why we're trying to get Asus/Nvidia to wake up and propose an official version for all of us!

hobono
Level 7
Would be cool when someone could send me the Gamenab tool since i cant visit their site because it is restricted.
😮

Fl4sHNoX
Level 7
Same thing here, I can't get a working download link for the "more stable and working version" that you talked about... anyone here got a working download link ?

Drunkenninja
Level 7
I used the GE Tools V2 tutorial and it works great, only problem I have is windows 10 constantly updating the driver to a newer version, it's also kind of annoying that GE Force keeps reminding me of updates as well.

Small price to pay though, I really hope we get an official solution in the future.

Drunkenninja wrote:
I used the GE Tools V2 tutorial and it works great, only problem I have is windows 10 constantly updating the driver to a newer version, it's also kind of annoying that GE Force keeps reminding me of updates as well.

Small price to pay though, I really hope we get an official solution in the future.

You can hide GPU driver updates using microsoft tool!
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

You can also disable new driver update notification in GE. Not sure if it's that, but it's in the options!

Drunkenninja wrote:
I used the GE Tools V2 tutorial and it works great

I tried searching in ROG forums, but no luck. Can you please point me to the link or the tutorial, if you know where it is? Appreciate it.