cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newegg has no international warranty for g751jt?

ghunter323
Level 7
I receive a message from Newegg customer service regarding warranty from g751jt

"Thank you for contacting Newegg. No the item would not be covered under any international warranty.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service support at 800.390.1119."

Does this mean no international warranty from newegg only or asus as a whole? Will i or not be able to avail international warranty even i register the laptop online? I ask this same question back but would take more than a week for them to reply
3 REPLIES 3

joshindaphils
Level 11
It could be Newegg is in error, though you really have to go with what they say... often the difference between models is nothing more than the warranty.

For instance my JY came with 30day bright dot, 1 year international, 1 year accidental, and 3 year parts and labor. It is obviously cheaper to provide less warranty coverage. It may be that retailers may chose a lesser warranty to be more competitive on price.

From what I've noticed warranty variations from Asus are in more strict model and region silos though. It could very well be that Asus offers variations in warranty to resellers though... sorry I can't be any more helpful as I don't know, you may want to reach out to some of the Asus staff on this board and get some official clarity around this.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
ghunter323 wrote:
I receive a message from Newegg customer service regarding warranty from g751jt

"Thank you for contacting Newegg. No the item would not be covered under any international warranty.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service support at 800.390.1119."

Does this mean no international warranty from newegg only or asus as a whole? Will i or not be able to avail international warranty even i register the laptop online? I ask this same question back but would take more than a week for them to reply

1. You may want to provide the full ASUS G751JT model name (G751JT-XXXX etc.) to double-check if it has international warranty, but units may be sold both ways in the North America.

If you have the full model name, you can also check with your local ASUS support if you wish and maybe call back with the serial number once you have the unit to confirm the international warranty shows up in the system.

http://www.asus.com/support/callus

The fine print in the warranty card that comes with the unit should also tell you if you have international warranty or not.

2. Although units may have 'international warranty', it doesn't always mean that you will be able to get warranty service wherever you are since some nearby centers may not repair your model or be able to get parts right away, so you may end up taking or sending it to other service centers further away for warranty service when it's necessary.

If you know which service centers you plan to go for international warranty service, you may also want to check with them to see what they say about servicing your model if it matters.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

ghunter323
Level 7
Thank you very much asus.. I will check my product as soon it will arrive for international warranty..