cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to understand aisuite 3.

XlordB
Level 7
Ok guys here it goes i have a z97-a mobo with i5 4690k. Ive tried manually overclocking but all the bios settings are miles to confusing to me like if i try to change the core it just says auto and i cant change anything like the multiplier. That aside ive decided to go the 5 way route since theres a new updated one with a voltage option to set max voltage output which is awesome. However i just tried to do this and somehow the program froze on me. before it actually started lol..

What i mainly need to know is this which settings in bios must i have set before i run the aisuite software. i.e do i need to turn off intel speedstep etc or that cpu- c state thingy etc . if so which to turn off. same with any other settings. My ram i have is hyperx savage cas 9 1600 2x 8gb. I have the 212 cooler aswell.

I know this must sound simple as to say research what the settings are but honestly guys i been researching this for months and i still havent found a guide for oc with my motherboards bios settings included. Step by step would be good. Also i need to know the exact steps and setting i should be using in aisuite. Thanks in advance for any genuine step by step guide you can provide preferably written by anyone with my setup. thanks.
124 REPLIES 124

Nate152
Hello XlordB

I can help you overclock your 4690k but I don't recommend using ai suite III. If you'd like some help overclocking install these three programs.

ROG Realbench for stress testing

http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/

ROG cpu-z for cpu voltage monitoring

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/CPU-Z-ROG.shtml

Real temp 3.70 for cpu temp monitoring

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Real-Temp.shtml

Get these installed and let me know when you're ready, we'll see how far you can get with your hyper 212 cpu cooler.

Cool thanks downloading now should i uninstall aisuite?

XlordB
Level 7
Ok programs are downloaded

XlordB
Level 7
if you have skype it might be easier to help? my skype email is llewellynb@hotmail.co.uk

Nate152
No you can let ai suite installed just don't have it running anytime during our overclocking session.

Ok good, let's try a run at stock settings to see where temps are first, this will give us an idea where you stand with themps. Temps control how far you can overclock your cpu.

Open up all three programs, on realbench click on stress test beside benchmark, turn it white and select how many GB of RAM you have, the 15 minute test is fine.

Click start and monitor the temps with real temp and the core voltage with cpu-z. Please post the core voltage while the test was running and the maximum temps real temp is showing.

XlordB
Level 7
ok before i start the test cpuz shows core voltage 1.066 fluctuates to 1.122 i suspect due to some bios settings maybe epu or spread spectrum?
cpu idle temp 33 32 33 31 ish
core speed 3797.6 although i cant get a straight up reading because it keeps changing and also the multiplier aswell.
while running test vcore pretty much stays 1.058v-1.063v small fluctuation
realtemp cpu multiplier says 99.94 x 37.0 = 3697.86mhz
Max temps hit during stress test 60 63 61 60
This is all with default values in bios i.e no XMP enabled yet.

Nate152
All right temps are good !

The BCLK should be reading 100.0 instead of 99.94. It's normal for the cpu to fluctuate in speed and voltage according to load with speedstep enabled and the c-states enabled, it is a power saving feature. If you want your cpu to run at a constant speed disable speedstep and the c-states and set the windows power plan to high performance or you can let it as is.

You can disable cpu spread spectrum.

Go into the bios and hit F5 to set defaults and enable XMP, you can decide if you want your cpu to run at a constant speed or throttle according to load.

Run the test one more time and see if the BCLK is staying at 100.0

We can do it here, sorry I don't have Skype.

XlordB
Level 7
Turned off speedstep and c state. kept turbo on turned on xmp allowed it core adjustments. Power profile set to samsung ssd high performance already since i have a samsung 850 evo
Pre test
realtemp readings - 3900,00 mhz 100x39.0 idle temps 38 38 39 38
cpuz voltage 1.122v steady

Started test realtemp cpu speed gone down to 3899.99mhz voltage fluctuation 1.117v - 1.122 cpuz stranegly reads core speed at 3899.1 but bus speed is at 100mhz
Post test result
temps 63 67 64 64

Nate152
Ok that's great !

Cpu-z always shows a little lower than what it actually is, not sure why that happens but it's normal.

Ok are you ready to do some overclocking?