View Poll Results: Did this thread fix your Issue?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 74.19%
  • No

8 25.81%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hello everyone. I contacted VIA about the Windows 10 Fall update and will have you know that the audio chipset in the asus G75VW will be supported in Windows 10. No ETA on a fix. They seem rather oblivious to the issue at the moment but I'm sure we will get another working driver soonish.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by PudgeamusPrime View Post
    Yes that is correct. I always found the Windows 7 software worked better on 8 and 8.1 as well with the g75vw on multiple installs. I consider it the most stable driver so I recommend it. The key here really though is just to remove via's software so it lets go of the audio card and then force windows to recognize 2.1 sound in a kinda manipulative way so that it works correctly and you also have the features you previously had with the via audio software but through windows enhancements tab instead.

Hope it helps

Cheers.
    Windows 7 drivers for this audio chip would not install for me on windows 10 after the Nov big update, so I did what is posted here and everything is working.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello everyone. I contacted VIA about the Windows 10 Fall update and will have you know that the audio chipset in the asus G75VW will be supported in Windows 10. No ETA on a fix. They seem rather oblivious to the issue at the moment but I'm sure we will get another working driver soonish.
    Hello..any updates? This issue is driving me nuts!!

That's good news. I will test this out to see how it works. The windows 10 driver with the update is garbage at the moment.

No updates. We are literally just waiting for them to update the driver.. The last update was in august which fixed everything.. but then Microsoft release this fall update so it might be months. Hopefully not though.

New ROGer Array

Subwoofer turned down in Properties>Enhancements>2.1 Channel>More Settings

After doing the fix at the top of the thread, I had to go to Enhancements, highlight 2.1 channel, click 'more settings', and it showed a slider for bass at 3% volume. Just had to turn it up.

New ROGer Array

Forgive the stupid question, but is VIA and Nvidia the same company?

I've been at this for 2 days now - I install my GeForce experience, update drivers, get my video card working (660M) and everything is hunky dory. Install the via drivers, get the sub working properly, but just like that, everything Nvidia is gone. Experience shell, control pane, monitor properties show "generic windows device) and my resolution is locked at 1024 x 768. So, Nvidia drivers bork the audio, audio drivers bork everything Nvidia. It's like they're fighting and one uninstalls the other. :/

Quote Originally Posted by NovusPhoto View Post
    Forgive the stupid question, but is VIA and Nvidia the same company?

I've been at this for 2 days now - I install my GeForce experience, update drivers, get my video card working (660M) and everything is hunky dory. Install the via drivers, get the sub working properly, but just like that, everything Nvidia is gone. Experience shell, control pane, monitor properties show "generic windows device) and my resolution is locked at 1024 x 768. So, Nvidia drivers bork the audio, audio drivers bork everything Nvidia. It's like they're fighting and one uninstalls the other. :/
    No Nvidia and Via are not the same company. Try installing your Audio drivers first and then video drivers. I'm not sure what windows you are running but if the problem persists I would suggest finding a clean copy of windows and then doing a re-install. Also if you are running any kinda security software to uninstall it and re-install it. I would try the later first. Remove your nvidia drivers, Your Via Drivers and any security software. Then install the Via software, The Nvidia software and then security software. If the problem persists.. re install windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zircon5 View Post
    After doing the fix at the top of the thread, I had to go to Enhancements, highlight 2.1 channel, click 'more settings', and it showed a slider for bass at 3% volume. Just had to turn it up.
    Yes this is mentioned at the very top of the thread. You have to control your settings through the via sound manager under sound in control panel.

New ROGer Array

Better download

ATTENTION: If you received the windows 10 fall update (Right click start button, If the menu is black you have the fall update) Your VDECK software is most likely broken. I contacted via and they said they are supporting the chipset found in the ASUS G75VW. That said, Still follow the walk through below as the headphone redirection still works in the software. Everything else will have to be controlled through properties in sound under speakers on the enhancements tab.

Hello Everyone. So Apparently via updated their drivers with VDECK software included for the ASUS G75VW which fixes the issues with VDECK and the audio drivers working with windows 10

Step 1. Download updated Via driver

Driver Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhuzn17651...82015.zip?dl=0

Step 2. Extract driver from .zip and install

Step 3. Reboot. (VDECK software will promt you to install after reboot. This is a crucial step)

Step 4. Once your ASUS G75VW is booted install VDECK software when prompted.

Step 5. Open up VDECK software and click on the configuration icon in the bottom right hand corner

Attachment 53124

Step 6. Select the option redirect headphones

Attachment 53125

Step 7. right click on the start icon in the bottom right hand corner and then click control panel. Now select sound. Highlight speakers and then click configure like in the picture below.

Attachment 53126

Step 8. Check 5.1 Surround and click next.

Attachment 53127

Step 9. Now Uncheck Side Pair.

Attachment 53128

Step 10. Uncheck Surround speakers (If you are not using surround sound) and click next then finish)

Attachment 53129

You should now have working sub woofer and headphones.

(NOTE: Close then reopen whatever source you are using for testing at first after selecting "Redirect Headphones" when testing the headphone jack - Audio player, Browser, Spotify etc)

Thanks to everyone for all the tips below!

So the instructions are good but the download is not. Here is a better link: http://download.ecs.com.tw/dlfileecs..._win10_via.zip

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast