View Poll Results: Did this thread fix your Issue?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 74.19%
  • No

8 25.81%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PudgeamusPrime
    Keep in mind there is no way to stop Windows 10 from updating the drivers it considers out of date as of this moment. This is the model MS is taking as Windows 10 will eventually become a service model and free users will be the testing beds for drivers. It's the trade off for the free install.
    Here's a Microsoft tool that lets you disable the update for good: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
    Last edited by thbdwn; 07-31-2015 at 05:40 PM.

New ROGer Array

I have followed all the different steps everyone has put up here, and they have all work for me kind of.
    I get sound, but not from all the speakers. On installing the last driver set only my subwoofer works none of my tweeters behind the screen, and
    windows is telling me its playing sound through the headphone jack.
    If I go and switch to the speakers as default in sound options my tweeters will play sound and not my woofer?
    Anyone got any ideas on this or come across this issue as well?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by draganchris View Post
    I have followed all the different steps everyone has put up here, and they have all work for me kind of.
    I get sound, but not from all the speakers. On installing the last driver set only my subwoofer works none of my tweeters behind the screen, and
    If I go and switch to the speakers as default in sound options my tweeters will play sound and not my woofer?
    I had this too. I'm honestly not entirely sure how I fixed it in the end. I downloaded lots of different drivers, including the ones in this thread. In the end, I ended up with the ones mentioned here:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...oblems-G55-G75

These let me do what OP is describing: adjust the 2.1 / subwoofer settings + EQ. Had to install them twice for them to work, though. Didn't seem to detect any VIA devices on the first run.

Feels nice to be able to max that 12k slider in the EQ again
    Last edited by thbdwn; 07-31-2015 at 06:01 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by thbdwn View Post
    I had this too. I'm honestly not entirely sure how I fixed it in the end. I downloaded lots of different drivers, including the ones in this thread. In the end, I ended up with the ones mentioned here:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...oblems-G55-G75

These let me do what OP is describing: adjust the 2.1 / subwoofer settings + EQ. Had to install them twice for them to work, though. Didn't seem to detect any VIA devices on the first run.

Feels nice to be able to max that 12k slider in the EQ again
    Yeah, There seems to be varying chipset versions as well so certain drivers will work better on certain chipsets. The key is to stop driver enforcement and use a driver that gains access to 5.1 in order to configure 2.1. Seems anything below 400 and below for these drivers work better than anything newer like the 600 or 800 drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by draganchris View Post
    Hey dragan, If you are seeing that it says it's playing through your headset in sound that means you have the 800 driver installed from windows update for windows 10. You need to shut off windows 10 driver enforcement which is the first step of my tutorial and install that driver and use the 400 driver I suggested.

OR

If it shows you have the 600 or 400 driver and it's still there. Make sure you read the first thing in my post to disable windows from updating your drivers from windows update and then disable the driver in device manager and re enable it or reboot.. also set your speakers as default device.
    Last edited by PudgeamusPrime; 07-31-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thbdwn View Post
    Here's a Microsoft tool that lets you disable the update for good: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
    It changes it through registry which means there is no way back if you then want updates later from windows update. We found a way to disable it and it's the first thing on my method you do at the top of my post. Its actually just a setting under system. Both ways will work but the setting way will let you switch it back and forth.

New ROGer Array

Unfortunately I have tried both 200 and 400 win 8 and win 7 and nothing works, all the same thing the whole time

ROG Member Array

Just finished installing win 10. Everything is fine except my headphones no longer work. any ideas?

ROG Member Array

ok so I took the time and carefully went thru these instructions in post #1 and Everything is working now! Thanks to the OP for the fix!

Quote Originally Posted by jowens1126 View Post
    ok so I took the time and carefully went thru these instructions in post #1 and Everything is working now! Thanks to the OP for the fix!
    Thanks for your feed back Glad I could help ! Cheers !!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast