cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10

From0toHero
Level 7
Hey guys
Im planning to install Windows 10 on the rampage v extreme. Are there any known issues so far? Do i have to install anything manualy after the automatic update process of Windows 10? Thanx for any inforamtion.
28 REPLIES 28

Chino
Level 15
Everything works fine. You will need to install a few missing drivers. Other than that nothing else worth mentioning.

Which drivers exactly? And im having problems installing the update. Im having two codes given WindowsUpdate_80240020 and 0x80070003. Any ideas?

VIPER
Level 7
I've installed the update and the only problem so far is the sound. I've installed the drivers, but I cannot get the DTS Connect via S/PDIF to work.

Which drivers exactly? And im having problems installing the update. Im having two codes given 80240020 and 80240030. Any ideas?

Check the Loudness Equalization box and it will fix your balance problems. Stumbled across that today.

I had an issue with my xbox controller as the as media usb3 hub was installed as usb1, clicking update driver fixed that so it is worth checking device manager.

VIPER
Level 7
Windows 10 audio driver from ASUS support page. DTS Interactive is not working. ASUS should fix this ASAP because in Windows 8.1 it was working flawlessly.

For your errors From0toHero you have to check if there are any updates from Store and Windows Update and install them before proceeding with Windows 10 update. Also uninstall any third party antivirus if you have one. I've had to remove my Norton Internet Security.

If the above mothods don't work for you check this and you wil lbe able to install Windows 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hopper64
Level 15
Does windows 10 try to install video card drivers? I thought I read somewhere about this problem. Thanks.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Does windows 10 try to install video card drivers? I thought I read somewhere about this problem. Thanks.

I had problem in the beginning with my GeForce driver it did not install. I restarted my pc and then it worked. Also other issue when the drivers are installed. you have to turn the 3D Function of because at my drivers it was automatically on. I try a game at first time and I had 3D image so I think that's a small bug I guess