Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Post your Windows 10 upgrade experiences for G51/G71 and up

    Since I have not found a thread like this:

    Please post your Windows 10 upgrade experiences below including your model and any tips, fixes, drivers, and workarounds used.

    Also feel free to include your before and after benchmarks for your system and GPU. Overall feel and speed of your system, etc.

    MODs: Please consider creating an upgrade / install guide with latest drivers for any models you may have and add them to the sticky

    Thanks for the input ROGers!
    Last edited by GodsApocalypse; 07-29-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Aditional information

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I like the layout of windows 10. Seems to perform decent. However My synaptics touch pad does not work and I dont know how to fix it. I am using a
    G75VW

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I have downloaded Win10 but it will not install for me. It tells me "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC" and "recommends" that I wait untiit does so, but that's sort of a joke because without forcing it behind the scenes, it won't let me upgrade.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    149

    Works great...
    Now I and an image / recovery for that, including the license key... Where do I get those now??

    And I have the Pro version, and can't disable windows updates...

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    76

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLMN34 View Post
    I like the layout of windows 10. Seems to perform decent. However My synaptics touch pad does not work and I dont know how to fix it. I am using a
    G75VW
    Uninstall your synaptics software currently installed and reboot.

    Download this version, Extract it and install then reboot.

    Should be good after that.

    Synaptics Software - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/..._64_Z62117.zip

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    I have the G55VW and installation was fast at about 30 minutes (I upgraded to an SSD). Seems to free up more space than the Win8.1 upgrade (original system was Win8) and I haven't even deleted the old installation files yet.

    The only thing that bothers me is the lack of proper audio drivers. Sound works, but Speakers and Headphones are separate devices and I have to switch default devices every time I plug/unplug my earphones. Haven't found a proper driver yet (could anyone here help me?) though I tried reinstalling the old Win 8 64-bit driver that also worked with Win 8.1. Sadly, it would install on Win 10 but every time I go to playback devices, it tells me there are compatibility issues and I need to disable the enhancements, and there is no separate VIA Audio Deck to fix my settings on.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    76

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRingOfLife View Post
    I have downloaded Win10 but it will not install for me. It tells me "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC" and "recommends" that I wait untiit does so, but that's sort of a joke because without forcing it behind the scenes, it won't let me upgrade.
    reboot your computer

    go here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

    scroll to the bottom of the page and pick your version of the media download tool.

    It's used to download windows 10 and create a windows 10 usb installer.

    It's an option that might break the activation loop. Ill report back if I find any info on how to force the activation

    When installing windows 10, Select upgrade.
    Last edited by PudgeamusPrime; 07-30-2015 at 04:31 AM.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    76

    Quote Originally Posted by kakero View Post
    I have the G55VW and installation was fast at about 30 minutes (I upgraded to an SSD). Seems to free up more space than the Win8.1 upgrade (original system was Win8) and I haven't even deleted the old installation files yet.

    The only thing that bothers me is the lack of proper audio drivers. Sound works, but Speakers and Headphones are separate devices and I have to switch default devices every time I plug/unplug my earphones. Haven't found a proper driver yet (could anyone here help me?) though I tried reinstalling the old Win 8 64-bit driver that also worked with Win 8.1. Sadly, it would install on Win 10 but every time I go to playback devices, it tells me there are compatibility issues and I need to disable the enhancements, and there is no separate VIA Audio Deck to fix my settings on.
    Please refer to my previous thread to get your 2.1 via audio working correctly.

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...10-Work-Around

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    I have a G74SX wanting to upgrade and or clean install to win 10 also but little hesitant for lack of dedicated win 10 drivers. In the Tenforums they posted some drivers that our laptops may use so take a look there also. Watch mode for now.

  10. #10
    ROG Enthusiast Array Thach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLMN34 View Post
    I like the layout of windows 10. Seems to perform decent. However My synaptics touch pad does not work and I dont know how to fix it. I am using a
    G75VW
    I have lost gestures as well and have done everything to include uninstalling the drivers. Nothing seems to fix this for me. I have been searching up and down the net for answers but keep coming up short.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •