cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Windows 10 upgrade experiences for G51/G71 and up

GodsApocalypse
Level 7
Since I have not found a thread like this:

Please post your Windows 10 upgrade experiences below including your model and any tips, fixes, drivers, and workarounds used.

Also feel free to include your before and after benchmarks for your system and GPU. Overall feel and speed of your system, etc.

MODs: Please consider creating an upgrade / install guide with latest drivers for any models you may have and add them to the sticky

Thanks for the input ROGers!
69 REPLIES 69

JoeLMN34
Level 7
I like the layout of windows 10. Seems to perform decent. However My synaptics touch pad does not work and I dont know how to fix it. I am using a
G75VW

JoeLMN34 wrote:
I like the layout of windows 10. Seems to perform decent. However My synaptics touch pad does not work and I dont know how to fix it. I am using a
G75VW

Uninstall your synaptics software currently installed and reboot.

Download this version, Extract it and install then reboot.

Should be good after that.

Synaptics Software - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Touchpad/Touchpad_Synaptics_Win8_32_Win8_64_Z6211...

JoeLMN34 wrote:
G75VW

I have lost gestures as well and have done everything to include uninstalling the drivers. Nothing seems to fix this for me. I have been searching up and down the net for answers but keep coming up short.

Thach wrote:
I have lost gestures as well and have done everything to include uninstalling the drivers. Nothing seems to fix this for me. I have been searching up and down the net for answers but keep coming up short.

Uninstall your synaptics software currently installed and reboot.

Download this version, Extract it and install then reboot.

Should be good after that.

We have the same laptop, It should work fine.

Synaptics Software - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/..._64_Z62117.zip

I have a G75VW. I tried to do the win 10 upgrade but it crashed after downloading and starting the instal. So I did the USB option and successfully downloaded it to the usb stick. Then when I restart with the usb stick it goes to the install page and asks for the windows key. I enter the key from my windows 7 sticker on the bottom of my computer and it says "Key not valid" I try to skip this step which takes me to a listing of the partitions. It says it wont install on any of my partitions because they are GPT format partitions. I thought GPT was the new big thing, why wont the newest OS work on it. I think its a glitch. Anyone else run into something like this? I tried to call tech support, but got a 115 minuite call back, when they called me back I got transfered and waited on hold for an hour then hung up.

Yes you downloaded the wrong ISO, you need to download the core 64bit that should be UEFI only make sure you download from a 64 bit computer
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thach wrote:

I had the same problem just after the upgrade , but ones NVIDIA and other drivers got updated (some got updated via the windows update , but i had to update some of them via the NVIDIA control panel)

Apart from that , i have not seen any other problems , may be cuz i dont play a lot of games these days.

Upgraded my Asus G74SX-DH72 to Win 10. Most things work fine, but the audio is suffering (no loudness equalization, which makes things very difficult for me). I made a post here. If anyone can help me, it'd be appreciated.
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB VRAM
  • Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB
  • 700GB 7200rpm HDD (x2 paritions, 350GB each)

Salve, dopo l'aggiornamento a windows 10 non mi funziona la luminosità dello schermo!!!! cosa posso fare?