Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

i didn't have any issues upgrading to windows 10. it all worked for me and i did it on the 29th.

ROG Member Array

Like so many others my Upgrade got stuck. There are many reports and forum threads reporting this. One guy said his Upgrade took 9 hours.

After staring at a black screen for 4 hours I said F#44 it! and rebooted. Dead as a door nail. Could not boot into windows could not repair. I even tried installing a retail Box set of 8.1_nada my dvd wasn't working. Trying a reset required a Windows 10 installation disc.

If you reboot during the W 10 upgrade it is supposed to revert bacxk to 8.1. Well mine didn't .

I can't be w/p a PC for more than a day and because of a recent accident I couldn't get to a Best Buy to get another ROG.
    I had an ACER shipped overnight from Amazon. Upgrading to Windows 10 on an Acer Predator totally borks the sound control system. It uses a Realtek HD card BUT it has no full Realtek control panel like on the ROG. It relies on Creative Cinema which is not compatible with W10.

I was determined to give my ROG another shot. After several attempts I got it to recover with my Acer Recovery Drive. I then got an Asus running an Acer system LOL. (It has the same processor.) I was able to reinstall all my Rog apps and drivers, but have the Acer Bios :-(. Yesterday when the Bios update cam through it of course borked my PC again cuz it updated of the Acer BIOS.

So I started all over again, This time I will not update the bios. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW YO INSTALL THE ROG BIOS PLEASE?

The only other thing I am missing is SoncsMaster and do not know how to get it back. I got it back on my first recovery but now I can't. I am sticking with 8.1. I'll probably never again risk losing my ROG to that Upgrade. I have it on the Acer. It's OK, but unless there are a lot of improvements under the hood on W 10 I am totally content with W 8.1 on a working ROG AJ20 :-) But need the help I asked for respecting the ROG BIOS and Sonic Master..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3