Did you mean: 

Having Issues with windows 10? I'm here to help

Phigmeta
Level 7
OK GOOD NEWS !!!

I now know how to upgrade your windows 10 without turning it into a potato

1) turn of screen spanning.
2) unplug EVERYTHING
3) Go into the bios and set your PRIMARY display to the CPU video port and turn off fast boot
4) Plug 1 monitor into the HDMI that is integrated with your motherboard
5)Take update / boot your potato
6)Get all the way thru the install
7) reboot a few times thru the updates
😎 Install the Ge-force Experience
9) Wait for the driver updates
10) Plugin and reconfigure the monitors
11) Curse Microsoft for being so stupid.
21 REPLIES 21

icwhatudidthere
Level 9
Cheers mate. This definitely worked for me. I'm back up and running.

rene_canlas
Level 7
For those stuck in the black screen with just a mouse cursor, wait 30 secs after the black screen appears and then press enter followed by your login password. This should get you to the desktop

Ravenholme
Level 7
Black screen is just a thing that happens for half a min while is processing. wait it out don't freak out. lol i upgraded my razer edge pro during the day. went smoother than i expected, i'm actually upgrading my G20AJ right now. it's configuring the update as i type this.

lordkodath
Level 7
Cripes...the enter then password didnt work >.< worried this is just a potato now

lordkodath
Level 7
so this works if it has black screened?

lordkodath wrote:
so this works if it has black screened?

Yes, while some are saying that you can just wait, while that may work if you don't run with screen spanning.

This will solve your issues if you have a potato.

Audiobyte
Level 7
should I not install the windows 10 nvidia driver for my asus g771jm? also my disable track pad f9 fn key isn't working.. its kinda annoying playing video games when the track pad isn't disabled.. is asus going to release some updates for the g771jm? so all the features that were on windows 8.1 will be working on windows 10?
anyway needless to sayyyyyyy windows 10 has like hulked out my laptop.. before i couldn't play tomb raider on Ultimate settings with verything enabled to max graphical settings on my 860m g771jm laptop.. and now I can do that and before even on ultra settings right away my laptop would be overheating at 80-85degrees celcius.. and now i can play tomb raider at ultimate settings while my laptop sits at around 60-70 degrees celcius.. idk what happened but power management seems to be through the roof now.. or maybe its because of directx 12? 🙂 anywai its great.. im just a bit confused on a few things.. the dpi scaling..idk where to change that bcause the icons on my taskbar are extremely tiny.. and could ppl start posting their issues they're having with windows 10 and asus laptops.. so i know what to avoid.. im not gonna install any updates on my software just yet until people are saying what their issues are.. 🙂 just so i can avoid the bull****

Nvidia released ver 353.62 this morning, if you install that first you should be able to avoid the potato maker. However, if your doing a fresh install its best to follow the above directions.

353.30 also seems fine if you are single screen. If dies in many multiscreen configurations.

im having problems with my LAN now.. it goes to limited connectivity about every ten minutes..