cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Win 10 Upgrade, all good!

ROGTWAT
Level 7
I downloaded the media creation tool, made a USB drive and used the exe on that to upgrade the current system. That way I would have a bootable drive if anything went tits up (which it did not).

After upgrading I installed the regular Asus Driver Package from the eSupport folder. (Just hit the .exe in the main folder).

Then I could FINALLY lose that bloody 15GB recovery partition (using diskpart and the "delete override" command.)

After realizing how effing cool Win 10 is, I also deleted the windows.old (Win 8.1 Recovery) and now I have a fully functional G751JY with Win 10 on it and so far, I love it!

Geforce Experience, Drivers, all working so far!

I have to say, even the Edge Browser is a NICE piece of work. Let's hope they don't ruin it!

Win 10 really has a small footprint: 31.5 GB!

Oh, forgot to say before anything I used winflash to get BIOS 208.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10
16 REPLIES 16

Edweird
Level 10
I straight up upgraded from 8.1 using the tool, didn't make a boot stick, choosng to keep everything and I have had to install exactly nothing - everything works off the bat and works well at that. Kudos M$.

PalestinianLibe
Level 7
Just adding to the thread to say that everything worked FLAWLESSLY straight out of the box with my G751JY-DH71 and Windows 10, and I am LOVING it. Games work flawlessly, Cortana is neat, and I'm actually impressed with Microsoft's Edge browser. I hope they add extension support soon, as I can't use it as my main until I can have some better control over content and get 1password installed, but I loved it during my test runs!

Only experienced a slight issue upon attempting to install, where it would hang at 32%. I realized it was an Intel RST driver issue, updated that, and everything went smoothly from there.

I was MOST impressed by the fact that the ROG macro keys all worked right out of the box! I launched Arkham Knight and hit the Shadowplay button, and everything carried on/captured just like on Windows 8.1!

I really, really hope Microsoft keeps up this trend, and they can very easily shoot back up to their former glory.

ROGTWAT
Level 7
Good to hear it's going well for you, guys!

Carnoustie
Level 9
roll on DX12 optimized games,that should be interesting.

Carnoustie wrote:
roll on DX12 optimized games,that should be interesting.

Wait for the DX12 windows update for that, unless you are an microsoft insider

GhostriderZ85
Level 7
Where did you get the latest rst driver? Can someone post a link please? And intel management engine too if you can please.

ROGTWAT
Level 7
Intel has a driver update utility that you can use.

GhostriderZ85
Level 7
I tried that intel utility, it doesn't work.

Etienne91
Level 7
Gsync tool doesnt work ?

What about the performance in game...any change ?