cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and DTS Connect!

VIPER
Level 7
Yesterday I've updated to Windows 10, but I can't get DTS connect over S/PDIF to work. On 8.1 the S/PDIF and DTS connect were working perfectly, but not on Windows 10. I've installed the latest audio drivers from ASUS support site.

Using Windows 10 Update = not working DTS connect over S/PDIF after that I did clean Windows 10 install = not working DTS connect over S/PDIF. Total 6 clean installs until now with latest drivers from ASUS site, again clean install with latest Realtek drivers from their site, and again same procedure from newest drivers from station-drivers = not working S/PDIF and DTS connect. ASUS has to resolve this ASAP. I've tried another few clean installs with drivers from 8.1 that I know were working in Windows 8.1, but on Windows 10 is a no go.
28 REPLIES 28

XBrookieX
Level 7
I've had same issue throughout the beta tests and still find issues with the audio on win 10, latest drivers for get me stuck in the infinite install loop.
best Driver for me that works is this from 8.1 that works on win 10, Realtek_Audio_Win7-8-8-1_V6017324, speaker tests are full of bugs. 5.1 set ups on the internet is full of possible solutions. Vista was same on launch with Creative drivers and it took months to resolve the popping sounds, surprises me how this got past beta in its state, tested it over 12 months and submitting continuous floors.
one of ASUS flagship boards and the pro's behind the drivers I would of expected better by now on release.

I'm surprised also. R5E is not a cheap board and these problems are very frustrating. I've tried every available driver for Windows 10 without any success and seriously considering going back to Windows 8.1 where everything was working perfectly.

I've tried running the setup in compatibility mode, but the installer gets stuck on uninstalling the previous version. Also when you try to install any driver older that 7535 which comes with Windows 10 you can't do it and 7535 stays in the system even when manually deleting it in Device Manager. There are problems when you install any driver, and post setup installation starts over and over again after every reboot. Also after reboot I'm waiting at least 30 seconds for the login screen to appear, and when disable the onboard audio I can get to login screen immediately after loading the OS.

XBrookieX
Level 7
just dropped laptop back to win 7 and that's now quicker than my super pricey PC desktop. I think revert back option only available a month after install of win 10. Hope Asus official driver support gets fingers out or I too will revert my desktop back to 8.1 although Microsoft need 10 to work as apple IOS is taking a mass share cut. The timer ticking LOL

XBrookieX
Level 7
as of time this post win 10 64bit Audio driver taken off Asus support page. Clear issues.

VIPER
Level 7
Its still there and its the same V6.0.1.7525 version.

VIPER wrote:
Its still there and its the same V6.0.1.7525 version.

After surfing for a while I found an updated driver version 6.0.1.7564 but nothing is changed,no DTS on my sound system..it is really important for me to have that..if anybody gets any solution please update it here...much appreciated..thnx

VIPER
Level 7
The driver is pulled from ASUS site, and no ASUS representative gives any information about that issue. The newest WHQL driver I could find is 6.0.1.7572, but the problem is still present. Tonight I'll try 6.0.1.7575 Beta and will report back.

Here's a link to the driver if anyone is willing to try it also:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.7575 Beta

ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/RealtekHDAudio-Beta-Drivers/Vista-Beta/7575_PG432_VISTA.zip

Win 7,8,8.1,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG432
DriverVer= 08/03/2015, 6.0.1.7575

username : spcust
password : hwwk758z

mindsignals
Level 9
Appreciate the ftp link above. Unfortunately, it still didn't fix the issue yet. I'll tell you what...it sucks having two-channel sound again for games...it's almost enough for me to switch back to 8.1, but now that my surround gaming is operable again, I'm reluctant to switch back down.

Unfortunately, the Synapse (Razer) software which would also virtualize to my USB FIIO also isn't seeming to be compatible at the moment, so I've lost both DTS and Dolby Digital codec capabilities at present except via digital pass-thru from movies/shows with those encodings. 😞

Hi,

According to MS (John at MS posted this on the insider forum), the DTS over optical issue is not a Realtek one, but a MS issue. There is supposedly a fix, but no date was mentioned.