Level 7
Specs
cpu: i7 5820k
mb: asus rampage v x99
Graphics card: gtx 980 ti hybrid
Ram: 16gb corsair lp vengeance 2133mhz ddr4
cpu cooler: corsair h110
Power supply: cooler master v1200 platinum

It took me a while to get all the components together i completed building my pc 3 days ago it was working fine till today for some reason out of nowhere my pc starts to become slow and not responsive and i had to restart it when it loaded back up it kept freezing as soon as i got into windows my cpu usage started to get high and my pc would freeze before finding out why after that i got this bios message telling me overclocking failed and i tried several fixes online but nothing works everytime i save and exit bios it loads bios back again or goes into windows and freeze i have no idea why.

Help 
5 REPLIES 5

XBrookieX
Level 7
Are you using any Factory Graphic card over clocking software? EG Asus Strix drivers come preloaded and best to remove, default bios doesn't overclock anything other than allowing intel Turbo, you could try disable that.
Bad thermal compound for cooling the CPU could cause your issues as the CPU throttles up when hot and bad cooling fails the cpu and freezes.
with new builds its easy for a bad connection with the cpu cooler blocks. Thermal paste is mostly graded and I found it best to remove the factory past on my block and replace it. Just a few ideas hope you get sorted.

XBrookieX wrote:
Are you using any Factory Graphic card over clocking software? EG Asus Strix drivers come preloaded and best to remove, default bios doesn't overclock anything other than allowing intel Turbo, you could try disable that.
Bad thermal compound for cooling the CPU could cause your issues as the CPU throttles up when hot and bad cooling fails the cpu and freezes.
with new builds its easy for a bad connection with the cpu cooler blocks. Thermal paste is mostly graded and I found it best to remove the factory past on my block and replace it. Just a few ideas hope you get sorted.

Well i used evga's software percision x but i didnt overclock it yet and i changed the thermal compound i read that its better to change it so i used noctuas my cpu temps dont go above 35

XBrookieX
Level 7
does your comp freeze in safe mode with networking, if it doesn't then at least your issues can be focused towards a bad driver holding you cpu usage at 100%.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Is that memory one single 16GB kit or two 8GB kits?

Does it run at 2133 or do you have to set up some sort of profile for it to work?

Do you see al 16GB in BIOS and windows

MAke sure the cooler is evenly tightened and not overtightened down on your CPU...

Chino
Level 15
Joust wrote:
Specs
cpu: i7 5820k
mb: asus rampage v x99
Graphics card: gtx 980 ti hybrid
Ram: 16gb corsair lp vengeance 2133mhz ddr4
cpu cooler: corsair h110
Power supply: cooler master v1200 platinum

It took me a while to get all the components together i completed building my pc 3 days ago it was working fine till today for some reason out of nowhere my pc starts to become slow and not responsive and i had to restart it when it loaded back up it kept freezing as soon as i got into windows my cpu usage started to get high and my pc would freeze before finding out why after that i got this bios message telling me overclocking failed and i tried several fixes online but nothing works everytime i save and exit bios it loads bios back again or goes into windows and freeze i have no idea why.

Help 😭

The Overclocking Failed message will appear if your system wasn't shutdown properly.