cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Ranger VII Unknown Device Windows 10

Shakecip
Level 10
Hy, i instaled windows 10 and i installed the drivers and i have an unknown device? Does anybody has this problem?
16 REPLIES 16

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi Shakecip,

The best way to identify the unknown device, is to right-click on the item, select Properties, click on the Details tab, then on the Property menu select Hardware IDs. Now you will see in the window below that showing at least (1) string of characters (example = "PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8169&SUBSYS_1045147B&REV_10"). Right-click on what is listed first, select copy, now paste it to your browser search engine of choice. The search results should point you in the right direction in identifying the unknown device.

You can paste/provide the string of characters here in a reply and we'll help in identifying the unknown device, but it will need to be exact if typing it in here like the example I have provided above.

I hope this helps.

Nate152
Hello Shakecip

Have you installed the latest chipset driver And IME driver for windows 10 from the support page?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Shakecip

Have you installed the latest chipset driver And IME driver for windows 10 from the support page?

I have the same issue but cannot find a link to the new Windows 10 IME driver. Could you possibly post the link or give me further directions?

Thanks.

Shakecip
Level 10
Yes I did. I will check what NtWlf sayd.
So i checked and is root\NetTap6

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi Shakecip,

Here's what I found for "root\NetTap". http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-unknow-device-roo...

Follow the Microsoft Support Engineer suggested links. It will take you to (2) more pages, with the final page "Error codes in Device Manger in Windows". I suggested this way so you can read the questions and answers on the first two pages to help understand the error and possible other solutions.

I hope this helps.

Shakecip
Level 10
I will try that too to see if it works and i let you know.

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi JemTheWire,

I haven't found anything regarding the IME Driver (Intel Management Engine) in the asus support pages either. It may be included within the chipset drivers though.

But you can go to the Intel Download Center https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and install the "Intel Driver Update Utility>" and it will identify out-of date and/or missing drivers. Check out the "Additional Information>" link there as well.

Or wait for Nate152 to chime in.

Thanks.

I have just tried that, but it says no updates required!

Looks like I need to wait...

Shakecip
Level 10
I did't resolve it either, and now i see that i can't find on intel download center any drivers for chipset 9 i can't find any driver for windows 10, i think that they removed it and they will release a good driver. I sent a mail to asus support and here is what they say:

Dear Mr. Ciprian,

My name is Matthew and I will try my best to assist you issue.
Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.
Concerning your message about the MAXIMUS VII RANGER:
I wish to inform you. As the Windows 10 operating system has barely been released, it will have to be tested on our devices, it will be several weeks until the drivers and tools neceasry will be released by the manufacturers.
I recommend keeping an eye on our support page for any upgrades and changes. Until the necesary drivers and tools get released, we do not recomend updating the operating system.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.
Regards,
Matthew
ASUS Technical Support