cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Upgrade experiences

Maxter
Level 9
I would like to know what are your experiences with Windows 10 upgrade. I went from 8 to 8.1 with no issues at all. I'm thinking of going to Win 10 now. I had troubles with my Desktop at home and had to do a clean install.
Laptop is work computer, so I want to make an educated decision before "clicking" (I'm sure some people can relate and use this thread for their decision as well).

Cheers!
27 REPLIES 27

kelhawk
Level 7
I has an issue with my WiFi and Network drivers on my G750JW so I reverted back to Windows 8.1 for now. The "Go Back" option worked just fine.

crazybmanp
Level 7
Upgrade went well hardware wise on my 750JH, only 2 problems.

1. my user profile had all of its data stored on the D drive, so windows threw a fit and sent me to a temporary profile for a while. After restarting, this fixed itself, it went back to OOBE and then everything worked properly.

2. Only hardware issue: maxxaudio is gone, i am still hoping this will be fixed somehow, but at least my audio settings were put to a good level before i did the upgrade.

Cryptoxic
Level 7
I did the upgrade and everything worked fine except for the Touchpad's smart gestures. So I just uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them and they worked again. On a G56JR btw.

Just remember to run disk cleanup to remove the windows.old folder because it eats up at least 20GB of your space if you do a upgrade rather than a clean install.

Nillaz
Level 7
I had no issues on the upgrade with a G750JW. Everything works surprisingly well.

Wish I could say the same with my desktop...

So you didn't have any issues with WiFi drivers or Ethernet drivers? Did you have reinstall after upgrade?

kelhawk wrote:
So you didn't have any issues with WiFi drivers or Ethernet drivers? Did you have reinstall after upgrade?

None. Everything works exactly as intended. I did not do a clean install after the upgrade.

raoul_duke
Level 7
My G750JM runs much smoother with Win 10 upgrade and the boot time has been decreased dramatically.

sevymar
Level 7
*Update: After deleting the realtek driver in device manager the sound got better.. i guess i have to do it like that for now.

no big issues, just the sound through my headsets sound flat & no bass...
When i change the audio playback device to realtek it's just silent. 😞

Maxter
Level 9
I have the G750JW. I went for the upgrade. After it was done, all I had to do was re-install the sound drivers (from the ASUS website), and uninstall the touchpad smart gestures and add the new version for Win10 (also from the ASUS website).
That's it!
To those of you trying to install old software (pre-vista kind), I noticed that Cortana stops the start up of the 32-bit installer. So begin install, and start killing the Cortana process (it'll keep coming back). The 32-bit installer will start all of a sudden. I've also seen the same issue with Logitech software. weird...