10 55.56%
  • I had some issues that I dealt with and everything works now

7 38.89%
  • I had to do a clean install in the end

1 5.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FalconFX View Post
    As i said its a G750JH comes with 780M, but since the upgrade everything is working fine so i dont know what problems you mean concerning the nvidia support
    That it works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone... The latest in the threads is that the nVidia HDMI within sound options could be a culprit. Disabling it provides a stable working environment for many (haven't tested it myself yet).
    The problem seems to be TDR from windows 10 and nVidia drivers response. They are not working in sync, so it keeps collapsing. Most people see it as a Kernel Mode crash or straight up DLL driver crash or some people don't see anything but a BSOD or a re-start loop with flickering screen.
    The forums are now reporting all video cards involved, so it seems to not be specific to a computer type, rather, its configuration. And if you have Sli, you're SOL.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Maxter View Post
    That it works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone... The latest in the threads is that the nVidia HDMI within sound options could be a culprit. Disabling it provides a stable working environment for many (haven't tested it myself yet).
    The problem seems to be TDR from windows 10 and nVidia drivers response. They are not working in sync, so it keeps collapsing. Most people see it as a Kernel Mode crash or straight up DLL driver crash or some people don't see anything but a BSOD or a re-start loop with flickering screen.
    The forums are now reporting all video cards involved, so it seems to not be specific to a computer type, rather, its configuration. And if you have Sli, you're SOL.
    I see, i didnt upgrade to win10 for these types of things, my computer is for work, so i cant afford the frustration and time wasted on troubleshooting such problems, i probably wont be upgrading in the next year or so, until it's rock solid

Quote Originally Posted by FalconFX View Post
    I see, i didnt upgrade to win10 for these types of things, my computer is for work, so i cant afford the frustration and time wasted on troubleshooting such problems, i probably wont be upgrading in the next year or so, until it's rock solid
    I'm on the same boat, but I went risky and failed miserably. I'm back to 8.1. You might be correct into waiting for the update... Imma be waiting too now. Cheers!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Maxter View Post
    I'm on the same boat, but I went risky and failed miserably. I'm back to 8.1. You might be correct into waiting for the update... Imma be waiting too now. Cheers!
    Atleast they have the roll back feature, otherwise it would have been a different story

ROG Member Array rob54613 PC Specs
    rob54613 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JS
    MotherboardINtel HM87 Bios:208
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU (2.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)32GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3L PC3-12800
    Graphics Card #1Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (1024MBytes)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M (3072MBytes)
    Sound CardRazer Surround Audio Controller
    MonitorCHI MEI N173HGE-L11
    Storage #1#1 OS: (512GB Kingston Hyper X SSD) #2 Data: (1TB SSHD)
    Storage #2#3 Steam (2TB 15mm HDD)
    Mouse Steel Series Rival
    Headset Razer Kracken Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

I upgraded my 870 g750js without too much problems. Aside from the audio driver issue my upgrade from the insider preview to full windows 10 was fine. Was nice to not have to reinstall everything with a clean install (2.75 GB of internal storage) in case something messed up. So happy I move on from those single bed laptops. :-)

I have only a small issue where windows reset my power settings to default to sleep on lid close and when it wakes it has a tdr error and needs a restart, I'm guessing that's linked to those gfx errors others have been talking about. Hope its fixed with new drivers.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Symho's Avatar

Hi forum!

Hi have signed my upgrade but I don't had receved. Why?
    ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

Quote Originally Posted by rob54613 View Post
    I upgraded my 870 g750js without too much problems. Aside from the audio driver issue my upgrade from the insider preview to full windows 10 was fine. Was nice to not have to reinstall everything with a clean install (2.75 GB of internal storage) in case something messed up. So happy I move on from those single bed laptops. :-)

I have only a small issue where windows reset my power settings to default to sleep on lid close and when it wakes it has a tdr error and needs a restart, I'm guessing that's linked to those gfx errors others have been talking about. Hope its fixed with new drivers.
    Yep, the laptop will be stable until you start playing with the sleep/hybernate/battery modes. Then the drivers will quit working and you'll have a constant TDR error. Mine, in the end, was only working on battery mode. I plugged into outlet and it crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Symho View Post
    Hi forum!

Hi have signed my upgrade but I don't had receved. Why?
    They were supposed to be releasing the upgrades in groups. All depends when you signed up for it. If you took about a month after you saw the little icon, then you'll be waiting for a couple more weeks. I'm pretty sure that with the nVidia drivers issue (and now I'm reading about AMD having something similar - they are pretty quiet about it though), they might have slowed the updating allowance. You can, alternatively, force the download. There are ways to do this. A simple google search should come out with that answer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3