cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Bass II in Windows 10 - Got it working using Version 8.1.1.35

Lothwane
Level 7
I'm sure many of you like me are extremely disappointed in ASUS for removing Flex Bass and other options out of their latest driver iteration. While the new Sonic Studio Pro is quite nice, without some of the previous driver options it drives me completely nuts and I searched high and low for a solution.

I have finally found an option that lets me use the old drivers and the all important Flex Bass! Now I can't promise that it will work for everyone and I have not thoroughly tested it in Windows 10, other than music and games, but here goes:
(DISCLAIMER: I am not a coder or a support expert, just passionate about gaming. This is also not my idea, many hours spent searching the web showed others who have tried this with seperate drivers. Finally don't blame me if it doesn't work.)

1. Download the Version 8.1.1.35 (2013/12/27 - 49.49 MBytes version), do not download the new one with UI ver. 1.0.8.
2. Uninstall the current driver and software via the Control Panel (Sonic Studio and the Dolby V4)
3. Restart the computer
4. Unzip the downloaded drivers and look for a file called: "CmSetx.dll" (it should be found in the WIN81(WHQL) Folder, if you can't find it, just conduct a search in the folder)
5. Right click on the "CmSetx.dll" and open it with Notepad.
6. Where it says "SupportOS=Win8.1" REPLACE with "SupportOS=donotcare"
7. Save and close the file.
8. Install the drivers and restart the computer and enjoy...old software installed, drivers installed and access to the all important missing functionality.

That's it, I hope it works for you!

Now ASUS... pull your finger out and support your loyal customers! Put the missing items back in Sonic Studio, there are plug-ins for a reason ... Ahem FLEX BASS!:mad:

Regards,
Lothwane

Edit: I have noticed a DllHost.exe error when accessing some Windows items, I'm sure this has to do with the Phoebus software, while it's annoying, it does not cause any harm.

Edit 2: After further testing, I've got some nasty errors, windows restarting and some programs not working correctly. Looks like it was a short lived success, so I'd highly recommend against trying this method. So back to the drawing board... ASUS looking at you!
6 REPLIES 6

Veggie
Level 7
How about Dolby Digital live over spdif? After i upgraded to windows 10 i found it not working.

Can't say I've tried it sorry, also I've noticed some peculiar issues occurring since running the older driver. I'll keep experimenting for the moment, but it's not looking too promising.

Veggie wrote:
How about Dolby Digital live over spdif? After i upgraded to windows 10 i found it not working.

Nope. It's not working. I tried . 😞

Veggie
Level 7
I tried old and new driver and even installed both and still not working. It will be stereo for the the time being...

Faxuz
Level 7
If you download the 7.0.1.35 drivers for win7 and run them in win7 compatibility mode, (Rightclick the setup>Properties>Compatibility>Win7 mode)
you can get the old controlpanel that still has flexbass II, hope this helps ^w^

ORZOWEI
Level 7
Asus should be ashamed of this...

I´m not buying Asus products anymore !!!