cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bios 2801

omul_maimutza
Level 7
Seems it appeared today, anyone tryed it yet?
39 REPLIES 39

omul_maimutza
Level 7
Ecountered the error: selected file is not a proper bios.
will try again.

omul_maimutza
Level 7
re-downloaded and it seems it worked.
running on it, no problems ecountered so far. http://valid.x86.fr/8z7cq9
2702 seemed a pretty solid performer, will reply if the new 2801 has problems.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I just updated to it myself and hope that it is stable and eliminates the periodic hesitation during post that I've seen.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

FZero
Level 7
I'l wait a couple of days to see if there are any problems and maybe then i'l upgrade. I didn't encounter any stability issues with 2702 so i don't see any reason to upgrade as no new features are added. Thank everyone for trying it out anyway.

Weard_K
Level 7
Refresh. Normal flight. 😛

omul_maimutza
Level 7
no problems found since yesterday, system stable as the old bios, it seems to be running fine.

FZero
Level 7
But then again why wait as you all say it's stable and works without no problem haha. Cheers everybody :cool:

It's working well for me so far. No problems. I installed it yesterday.

I've updated my Bios to 2801, but i have problem with bclk frequency, in particular under load..

On x264 benchmark, Bus speed oscillates from 94.x Mhz to 99.x MHz. This causes cpu frequency goes back under 4.6GHz when it should be fixed at 4.8GHz. I reloaded bios default settings with no luck.

Going back to 2702 the issue is gone with bclk broadly stable at 99.9MHz.

Any feedback about that?

PS: Maximus VII Hero + i7 4790k