cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 update fails error 80070003

skywalkr2
Level 9
Hey guys,

Need your expertise. I had been using my G750 since launch just fine, but had the bug up my butt to load windows 10. After 6 hours of failure when getting error 80070003 in the windows update...

I decide to use backtracker to completely restore my system. So of course after hours of reapplying hundreds of Windows 8.1 updates before you can get to hte windows 10 download...

It is again giving me error 80070003. Fresh clean re-installed system... nothing downloaded aside from the base image.

The only thing different is that I have the hard drives updated with 1 Samsung 840 and 1 Samsung 850 SSDs.

Have followed a million articles on websites trying to fix 80070003 errors, but it doesn't fix this issue.
6 REPLIES 6

skywalkr2
Level 9
I am actually thinking to do a clean install of Windows 7 or 8 on the machine tonight to see if it fixes the issue...

Hi,

I am currently running under Windows 8.1 with my ASUS N56JR.
I would like to migrate to Win 10 but I got exactly the same error.

Did you try to do a clean install? Does it work?

I already tried to Re-install windows 8 but it doesn't work (via Remove all and re-install windows).

Thanks

jft63 wrote:
Hi,

Did you try to do a clean install?

I alreday tried to Re-install windows 8 but it doesn't work.

Thanks

I own a g750jw, same problem after 12 tries. Too bad.

iamsteve wrote:
I own a g750jw, same problem after 12 tries. Too bad.

It was extremely frustrating. I downgraded the computer back to Windows 7 and then FINALLY I was able to get the Windows 10 upgrade to work. I have to imagine there was some strange issue with Windows 8.1 and this laptop... No idea what since it seems others have had success...

jft63 wrote:
Hi,

Did you try to do a clean install? Does it work?

I already tried to Re-install windows 8 but it doesn't work (via Remove all and re-install windows).

Thanks

You are right. I tried from a fresh 8.1 and didn't work. Downgraded to Windows 8.0 and it didn't work. Finally downgraded to 7.0 and now success.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
skywalkr2 wrote:
Hey guys,

Need your expertise. I had been using my G750 since launch just fine, but had the bug up my butt to load windows 10. After 6 hours of failure when getting error 80070003 in the windows update...

I decide to use backtracker to completely restore my system. So of course after hours of reapplying hundreds of Windows 8.1 updates before you can get to hte windows 10 download...

It is again giving me error 80070003. Fresh clean re-installed system... nothing downloaded aside from the base image.

The only thing different is that I have the hard drives updated with 1 Samsung 840 and 1 Samsung 850 SSDs.

Have followed a million articles on websites trying to fix 80070003 errors, but it doesn't fix this issue.

I had the same issue, I reserved my Windows 10 upgrade with the GWX app (Get Windows 10 app) like most did.
When the download was ready to download with Windows update, it kept failing to download many times (10 or more times I think).
So I gave up on that route, then I found a glimmer of hope, I found this USB/DVD Upgrade/clean install tool from the Microsoft 10 site.
The first time I installed it with the USB flash drive tool, I had many problems with the start menu (tiles, and apps looked all washed out), and slow loading desktop ( Icons, and desktop loading very slowly ).
Now that got me so frustrated, I went back to W8.1 with my Backtracker USB.
After all that frustration I decided to try again, but this time with noting else installed but the Asus drivers (removed all unnecessary bloatware) after the Backtracker recovery.
Wow, what a difference that made, everything went extremely well, and now I can't be happier.
I"m a happy camper now......woo hoo!!!!!!

Here's a direct link for the USB/DVD Creator Tool>>>>>>
Microsoft software download/Windows10

Good luck, and good gaming!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM