cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Samsung EVO 850 fit in Rog G20 SSD Bay?

xviet4xlife
Level 7
Hey guys, i recently purchased a 840 to upgrade my old custom built PC, but out of curiosity i tried to quickly fit it in my ROG G20, but had no luck.

Has anybody else installed a EVO 850 into their ROG G20, just need to know before i commit into buying one. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

dianebrat
Level 9
Yes it fits fine if you do it the right way and remove the proper components to get to it, besides aren't the 840 and 850 the exact same size?
I have an Evo 850 in my unit so you know it works.

I added a 850 Evo SSD recently. Asus made G20 extremely hard to do a simple upgrade...I had to remove like 30 screws in order to get access to SSD bay. LOL.

Ravenholme
Level 7
I crammed the 850 evo 500gb into the ssd bay it was a pain in the ass but I did it.

realfortin
Level 7
xviet4xlife wrote:

Has anybody else installed a EVO 850 into their ROG G20, just need to know before i commit into buying one. Thanks.

I have installed the 840, you should be able too. You shouldn't need to buy an 850. If you couldn't do it, it is because you weren't removing the right components etc.
It's not easy at all...

PGInformatique
Level 7
Between 850 pro and 850 evo...what do you think? Planned to replace the slow and too small kingston in G20 with one of these :rolleyes: