cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY solutions for intel ETU and asus gpu tweak II with Windows 10

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
if anyone on here has found any solutions for running intel etu and asus gpu tweak II on a g751jy running windows 10, please elaborate on this thread. these are two commonly used programs by most of us, and it would be nice to get them running in win 10. thanks in advanced.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11
7 REPLIES 7

Edweird
Level 10
I'm guessing you mean Intel XTU. It runs fine for me without issues, I didn't have to do anything, it just runs. I did update it after I upgraded to Win10 but it was working before said update on Win10 anyways. Did you do a clean install? Mine's just an upgrade over Win8.1

I can't say anything about GPU Tweak. It was so unreliable for me that I flat out replaced it with MSI Afterburner. Better application all around. Does more stuff and does it better.

it is called Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. i have seen it listed as both etu and xtu in different forums. so i chose the actual acronym according to the actual wording. and it is only working for you because it worked for you in win 8.1. win 10 does that with several programs. if you clean install, it will not work any longer. at least until they do an update for win 10.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

Carnoustie
Level 9
it works fine in win 10,you just have to right click on the exe. file and run as administrator.

Edweird
Level 10
I know why you said ETU, It's just that I've seen it officially abbreviated as such 🙂
I thought that that's why it might have worked for me. Then I did a clean install of Win10 on my cousin's G751 and XTU worked just fine, so...
I didn't have to force it to run in administrator mode to work.

Gidimi
Level 7
For me it was the other way round. On win 8.1, tried several different ways to install intel XTU/ETU but couldnt. Once I upgraded to 10, had no issues at all installing. Strange

hmscott
Level 12
Geez man, give up the ETU 🙂

Intel trademarked XTU...

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Supports Overclocking
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-ext...

"The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is a software application that allows you to fine-tune the settings of your K- or X-SKU processor. Using its various frequency, voltage, and other controls, you can fully customize your configuration in terms of power consumption and computing performance. Intel XTU is available for download at the Intel® Download Center and can be loaded on any Intel® system with a 2nd generation or newer Intel® Core™ processor and a chipset that supports overclocking.

In a joint effort between Intel and HWBOT, we present version 5.1, a fully integrated overclocking software application that allows you to analyze your own configuration, share and find overclock settings from users around the world, and hype your own achievements through social media. Intel XTU and the HWBOT integration aim to facilitate overclocking for beginners and novice users as well as give the advanced overclocking community and its power users a platform to show their overclocking skills and knowledge."

XTU's the name, please use it, who is gonna search for ETU in the forums, nobody, they all search for XTU 🙂

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
that's not true, the reason i used etu in the first place is because i saw it in several forums listed that way. i never said that the correct abbreviation was etu, i only said that is why i used it. several others have spoken about it in different forums, and others seemed to know what they were talking about. and technically, from a grammar standpoint, etu would be more correct. as the first work is Extreme. it doesn't begin with x, it begins with e.:p so whatever. it really doesn't matter to me. that's why i write both most of the time, just to make sure.

at any rate, i have tried to get it to load fifty different ways. i have tried as an admin., i have uninstalled the previous one, and now it will not even load onto the system. i would love to know what i could disable to make it load. but can't seem to get it on the system for anything. it's the only real problem i have had with win 10.