cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Fan/Cooling problem

KITT_2013
Level 10
I have this laptop for half year now and I noticed, probably by mistake,that the left fan is blowing out less air than the right one. Is that a problem, it's ment to be like this or the fans are independent?
I also used Notebook FanControl and throttle the fan to 100% and it was louder but almost same air flow.

Thanks! 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NitroX
Level 10
The GPU fan is a bit bigger than the CPU one, therefore this is the reason why you notice an air flow difference. The CPU fan at 100% pushes out the same amount of air as the GPU fan does at 75-80%

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Edweird
Level 10
The fans are independent but connected through the same cooling system (GPU is connected through to right fan with 2 pipes and left fan through 1 pipe over the CPU and the CPU is connected to the left fan by 2 pipes). The smaller one is on the side of the CPU, which is why it has less cooling capacity. Would have been nice if the fans were the same size since the GPU one is quite beefy and Haswell aka Blast Furnace is terrible at keeping temps down.

NitroX
Level 10
The GPU fan is a bit bigger than the CPU one, therefore this is the reason why you notice an air flow difference. The CPU fan at 100% pushes out the same amount of air as the GPU fan does at 75-80%

KITT_2013
Level 10
Thanks guys! I can now live in peace. 😉