cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on my Tytan G30AB after Windows 10

LucipurrLyR
Level 7
Hello everyone,

First time posting on the foruns, i need some really big help. After i updated my asus to W10 my overclock button no longer works, i'm not able to put the i7 on 4.1ghz. If anyone knows how can i solve this please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

geniusdevil
Level 9
Hey,

I was about to upgrade to Windows 10, but now that you've mentioned this problem -- I believe i should wait. Let me know if you find the solution. I will wait until the AI Suite II works on Windows 10.
BTW, did you try uninstalling and then installing AI Suit II? Tried the AI Suite Driver directly from the ASUS website? Let me know.

Cheers,
A.

P.S. When i ran the PC Check with Windows 10, it doesn't show any problem. Take a look:

geniusdevil
Level 9
Hello again.

So, I couldn't wait to install Windows 10 on my ASUS Tytan G30AB, and I am pleased to announce that the AI Suite II works just fine with Windows 10 Pro. Here's what I did:

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, and made sure that it's activated.
Created a bootable USB and performed a clean Install with the disk formatting.
Installed the Windows 10. Installed the Chipset driver that came with Windows 8.1. Restart the system.
Installed AI Suite II (from ASUS support website). But then, the button was working -- it just didn't pop up the notification. I opened the AI Suite II and clicked System Level UP, which showed the bar increased towards the 4.1G. The lighting wasn't changing to RED either. So I installed the updated driver of "System Level UP" (again found on ASUS support website). Restarted the system and voila! Everything seems to be working just fine.
Hope this helps!

Regards,

geniusdevil wrote:
Hello again.

So, I couldn't wait to install Windows 10 on my ASUS Tytan G30AB, and I am pleased to announce that the AI Suite II works just fine with Windows 10 Pro. Here's what I did:

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, and made sure that it's activated.
Created a bootable USB and performed a clean Install with the disk formatting.
Installed the Windows 10. Installed the Chipset driver that came with Windows 8.1. Restart the system.
Installed AI Suite II (from ASUS support website). But then, the button was working -- it just didn't pop up the notification. I opened the AI Suite II and clicked System Level UP, which showed the bar increased towards the 4.1G. The lighting wasn't changing to RED either. So I installed the updated driver of "System Level UP" (again found on ASUS support website). Restarted the system and voila! Everything seems to be working just fine.
Hope this helps!

Regards,

Hi guys,

I also have a G30AB. It works perfectly fine under windows pro 10 but when it comes to updates it's another story. Each time I try to install a feature update like 1903... the computer is stuck at 30% or 70% and after a hard reset it rollback the update. I had this already in the past and my only solution was to put the os drive in another computer (Acer Predator 7700) in order to update successfully the os.
Do you also have that issue with updates ? Did you find a way to solve it ?
Thanks a lot for your help,
J

John.Rog wrote:
Hi guys,

I also have a G30AB. It works perfectly fine under windows pro 10 but when it comes to updates it's another story. Each time I try to install a feature update like 1903... the computer is stuck at 30% or 70% and after a hard reset it rollback the update. I had this already in the past and my only solution was to put the os drive in another computer (Acer Predator 7700) in order to update successfully the os.
Do you also have that issue with updates ? Did you find a way to solve it ?
Thanks a lot for your help,
J

Hi John,

Here's the solution. Our system does have some legacy components, and that tend to sometimes mess up with the Fast Startup in Windows. I have turned it off in Bios, and had UEFI installed with CSM: AUTO. This way, the installation can put the legacy components in its place.
Always make sure you do a fresh install of any operating system with just the main drive(SSD) remove everything else; CD-ROM, Ralink Wifi card, Front USB 2 and 3 extensions, Front HD audio panel etc., Just SSD, ur installation media on any of the back ports, or in the case of CD-u may keep the CD-ROM for installation. Once a clean fresh Windows is installed and all the updates, you can shut down the PC, remove the powerplug, press the power button long enough to release all the residue electric-current.... and then put ur components back together, turn the PC on.... and you will see without needing to go into BIOS, ur Windows will put every component back into its place.

The problem with our updates is Wireless Lan and Intel i217-v; I usually only take the WLAN out when I want to perform updates. But, it's a good idea to remove other secondary drives too, because they tend to fight for the boot sequence, and mess up the order.

Hope this helps.

Also, use the MS drivers Windows installs... like for RAID it's 15.4 something.... and 10.1.13 for other chipsets. I even let MS install the intel i217-v and Ralink 3090 driver...

toronto699
Level 13
I did the same when I installed W10 , I installed the updated driver of "System Level Up" from the G30AB driver page. , I installed the "System Level Up" driver Version 2.02.01 released on 2014/02/11 now when I use the level up button on the G30AB , I get No pop up showing the level up speed has changed and the lights on tower changes colour as it did in W8 have to open AI Suite II to change speeds , my other bug on my G30AB with W10 is the Blue Ray Drive no longer auto plays with a music CD or a Movie Disk , I have to tell the DVD Music software or BD software to play the disks manually.
AI Charger no longer is available with my W10 install , Tried reinstalling the AI Suite II software from asus ,
NO AI Charger when reinstall of AI Suite software With W10 , Some features of AI Suite is incompatible with W10 is my guess

toronto699
Level 13
I Could Never Update My G30AB To Any Version Of W10 Except The First Release , All Updates Failed At 70% , So I Replace The Motherboard , Asus Service Centre Near Where I Live Said It Was A Bios Issue That The G30AB Would Not Update Or Install W10 , G30AB Is A Great Case , That's Why I Installed New MB did Not Cost Much , And Some Of The Orignal G30AB Software Still Works

toronto699 wrote:
I Could Never Update My G30AB To Any Version Of W10 Except The First Release , All Updates Failed At 70% , So I Replace The Motherboard , Asus Service Centre Near Where I Live Said It Was A Bios Issue That The G30AB Would Not Update Or Install W10 , G30AB Is A Great Case , That's Why I Installed New MB did Not Cost Much , And Some Of The Orignal G30AB Software Still Works

Thanks a lot for your answer (I felt so alone with this problem). Could you tell me what MB you bought ?
Is it compatible with the cooling system... and the overclocking button ?
(My config : i7 4770 3.5 ghz / 32 Go ram / 500 Go ssd 860 evo / GTX 1070 / Oculus Rift S)
Many thanks again... 😉

toronto699
Level 13
The Mother Board Is about 4 years Old Now Better To Buy New Motherboard , The Cooling Should be Compatible because the boards have screw holes For Cooler of Processor , As For Over Clocking The 8.1 software worked but not sure now with new versions of W1O Microsoft Sent Me Blocking Tool , So I Will Never Update Or Upgrade The OS , PM Nate He Will Help You Select A New Board , List All Hadware With Nate , All Your Harddware Listed Seems Compatible With New MB But Maybe Not The Ram , Tell Nate The Cooling System You have , And All Hardware OK , There is A Post Somewhere Here In These Threads Were 2 others upgraded The MB But Its 3 , 4 years ago, So Newer MB Is Better
https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?107341-Nate152

Over Clocking Software Should Work In New MB And Older Over Clockable Processor i7 4770K Your Processor
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075

Thank you very much for all this helpful information.
J