cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enter BIOS

tremonade
Level 7
My motherboard is an Asus Crosshair V Formula
I can't enter my BIOS for some reason. When the Asus ROG screen appears, I press DELETE and then the next screen is blank. It stays like that.
I have no problems loading Windows, but accessing BIOS is a problem.
I have tried changing the CMOS battery, resetting the jumper, pressing the BIOS reset button on the motherboard, but nothing helped.
Hopefully will find a solution to this problem.
13 REPLIES 13

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
Try F2.

Have you ever updated the bios? If not, you can try and flash in windows.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

DL latest bios and select bios tools for installer. If you have a stable running PC while in windows, flashing should be no problem.

Good Luck!

tremonade
Level 7
I'm already using the latest BIOS

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
Great! You can also try bios flashback!

tremonade
Level 7
What does that mean? Install the bios again?

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
Flash back is to put earlier bios back on.

tremonade
Level 7
I'm using an fx 8350. The earlier bios doesn't support the processor. Only the new bios does. So if I flash the earlier bios, then the windows won't load at all.
BTW, I need to enter my bios so that I can change my ram frequency. I have 16gb 186mhz ram, but it's only showing as 1333mhz. So is there any way to make it 1866mhz without entering the bios?

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
The board defaults 1333, you need to enter higher speeds in bios.

However with AMD OverDrive, you can adjust the timings and drive strengths but not the speed.

The board support your fx-8350 from bios 0806 and newer, thats 3 or 4 bios revisions back. Id try the 1403 first. That is the one that started supporting the FX-9xxx series.

tremonade
Level 7
I think you are looking at the wrong board. My board is not the Formula Z, its only formula. BIOS 0806 and 1403 doesn't exist for my board

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
Oh snap, my mistake!!

You can still try and re-flash the board with the same bios though. Worth a shot IMO.