cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G750 JM Problem Cooling Fans

chicosoquete
Level 7
Hello, mi name is Mathías De Armas, I'm from Uruguay, and I have a Problem with my Asus G750JM laptop, specifically with the cooling fans. I usually don't post in forums but I haven't found any thread with my particular problem

I had a friend bring the (New) laptop from the US, and when I got it I noticed the cooling fans were always on, even when the computer was idle or just surfing the web.

I verified the temperatures with real temp, and they were in no way high enough to trigger the cooling fans (i've attached a picture of how the temperatures are right now but the've stayed on even in the low twentys)

I Updated the BIOS, but that didn't seem to solve the problem, Using the software AMI BCP to verify the thermal policy thats not available directly in the BIOS and from what i gather the fans should start at 55 degrees, which is a reasonable temperature.

I contacted ASUS support and eventually they instructed me to take the computer to service. Since I'm in Uruguay, I don't have an actual Asus customer service presence, but a representative who didn't enforce my warranty because they do so only for Asus laptops purchased in Uruguay. Nevertheless, figuring they're Asus representatives and that i'm in no way capable to take my computer to the US for service I paid the diagnostic fees and they told me that they advised i do nothing, that the fans were preventing my pc from heating up and that eventually there would be an update that fixed it.

I'm well accustomed to the fan noise, but it's actually very loud. I fear that the constant work will shorten the expected lifetime of my computer.

What do you suggest I do?

Thank you so much for reading this far!

Mathías.
2 REPLIES 2

evezy123
Level 7
Hi Mathías have you checked that you're fans aren't set to full speed in gpu tweak?

chicosoquete
Level 7
Hi evesy, thank you for your reply.

Yes I did check that, I even uninstalled it and re installed it to see if it changed anything and it didn't. If i set it to full speed theres no change in the fan's speed so i assume they're on full speed all the time.