cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.08 drivers missing microphone noise cancellation?

LumpyCustard
Level 7
In the previous drivers there was an option to utilise the control box microphone to work as noise cancellation when a standard 3.5mm microphone is plugged in.

I found this setting to be really good at getting rid of fan humming in the background as my control box sits right next to my computer tower and filtered out virtually all fan noise.

I've looked everywhere in the new "Sonic Studio" control panel and all i can see are some useless "Noise Gate" and "Perfect Voice" sliders which, as far as i've conducted from testing, negatively impact voice quality as they're only software based solutions.

As soon as a microphone is connected to the control box the inbuilt microphone stops doing anything.

I've Googled and can't find anyone else talking about this.
3 REPLIES 3

Florin
Level 7
Click the Rog Control text !
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

LumpyCustard
Level 7
Read my post!

http://i.imgur.com/yjTDPKD.jpg

"Noise Gate" and "Perfect Voice" sliders sound worse than the old implementation and seem to be software noise reduction, whereas the old drivers had the option to use the control box microphone as hardware noise cancellation.

Tellus
Level 7
If you want working proper hardware noise cancellation you'd best buy another brand of card... As far as I can tell most settings available on this card is detrimental to sound quality, sadly this is mostly down to bad software and unless ASUS gets it together and swaps out whoever is in charge of driver development we won't see any change.
| Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |