cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone installed Windows 10 on these boards yet?

Quixote
Level 7
Has anyone installed Windows 10 on these motherboards yet?

If so, how's it going? Any problems?
19 REPLIES 19

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I clean installed win 10 pro 64 bit on my machine just a few hours ago and Iove it. I also use classic shell as I did in 8.1 so I retain that windows 7 appearance. I had issues with the upgrade in place which left me crippled so I got my cd key and rolled back. Clean install didn't take that long with a new ssd and I'd made a checklist to follow beforehand so things went real smooth. I also have files backed up in multiple clouds which also helped. Once I reinstalled and logged in my programs could bring data back from the cloud which makes things so much easier than the old days. Use the media creation tool as it will allow you several options to create the boot media. I used a USB drive to do my transformer tablet, my laptop upgraded in place and my desktop used the dvd.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

wootwoots
Level 7
i would be curious, on the asus website support there only intel chipset driver, and like some audio drivers ( not even the realtek ones )

But what about MEI ? AI suite 3 ? realtek audio drivers ? Can you install them on a clean win10 install using win7-8 installer ? or do you have to wait for the win10 version ?

FZero
Level 7
Yeah i'm on Windows 10 Pro from Wednesday and have no problems. I made a clean Windows 10 Pro installation via USB. All my programs and games that i use are working with no problem and i'm very happy with Windows 10. My Pc feels more responsive and faster then on Windows 7. I had no problems with drivers i got everything from the Asus site and everything worked like a charm i don't use AISuite as i can control the FAN speed in BIOS.

I'm not sure what you mean by : like some audio drivers ( not even the realtek ones ) ? You can see in the picture i upload with this post that the drivers from realtek are working and Supreme Fx is working too. So they are real Realtek drivers.

Windows 10 is great and i'm looking forward to use it for my games and work.

wootwoots
Level 7
And what about the MEI thing ? there is the intel chipset, but not MEI.
And the bootsetting ? and Aisuite3 ? can you still install that after a clean install ?
dunno what thoses sound drivers are, but, for the maximus hero VII win10 part you have
Audio V6.0.1.7525 Win10(WHQL) SonicRadar2.1.24
or
Audio_V6.0.1.7525 For Win10 32bit&64bit (WHQL)
!?

But for win7 only " Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7450 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32 & 64bit.(WHQL)"

wootwoots wrote:
And what about the MEI thing ? there is the intel chipset, but not MEI.
And the bootsetting ? and Aisuite3 ? can you still install that after a clean install ?
dunno what thoses sound drivers are, but, for the maximus hero VII win10 part you have
Audio V6.0.1.7525 Win10(WHQL) SonicRadar2.1.24
or
Audio_V6.0.1.7525 For Win10 32bit&64bit (WHQL)
!?

But for win7 only " Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7450 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32 & 64bit.(WHQL)"

I have all you have mentioned there installed. If you don't find what you need under windows 10 tab in drivers, take it from windows 8.1. Worked for me atleast. I had a strange problem installing drivers though. Was stuck in a loop where the setup program uninstalled and wanted to restart... over and over and over, never installing anything. Just now, 5 min ago I finally got the drivers to install, but still no surround/DTS.

kuddin wrote:
I have all you have mentioned there installed. If you don't find what you need under windows 10 tab in drivers, take it from windows 8.1. Worked for me atleast. I had a strange problem installing drivers though. Was stuck in a loop where the setup program uninstalled and wanted to restart... over and over and over, never installing anything. Just now, 5 min ago I finally got the drivers to install, but still no surround/DTS.

But you would not install all 3 would you ? as they all do the same thing, so what do you mean when you say you installed all of them ? cheers

I am having issues with Hero 7 Network Adapter - can't seen to connect; Windows says 'There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter' Worked fine in Win7; Did upg (will clean install after activating). Appreciate any feedback.
Other info:
Description . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel Corporation
Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 12.12.50.6
Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\WINDOWS\INF\net1ic64.inf
Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Friday, July 10, 2015 10:59:36 AM
Section Name . . . . . . . . . : E1559.6.2.1
Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_15a1
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

kuddin
Level 7
I have Win 10. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is surround/DTS. But that is, what I've read, a windows problem. Not something wrong with drivers.

maleficarus
Level 7
Everything went fine for me on my HERO VII...