cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I update my BIOS in G751JT?

asabovesobelow
Level 7
Hi! I have ASUS G751JT with v205 BIOS. The final version of the BIOS for G751JT is v208 Should I update to it? I just saw a post, https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73682-g751jt-sleep-problem-on-bios-208. He talk about the v208 BIOS will not wake from sleep is it true?

If I can update, how do I update, Use WinFlash? Saw a guy update his G751 BIOS video in Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3p3Exxcruk

And my warranty have't exp. Is 2 years. If I updated the BIOS or upgrade to Windows 10 will ASUS end my warranty?

I also would like to know if I want to factory reset on Windows 10. Which Windows will be restore?

If restore to Windows 10, should I need to reactive the Windows with the product key? I purchase this G751JT and it comes with original Windows, they don't give me the product key. 😛

Last. my currently startup is very fast(Task Manager show me 2.0 sec, For real, when the ROG Logo come out without the loading dots at the bottom is already get in to lock screen! I just wanna say actually din't take for 2.0 sec! Is super super super fast, sorry too happy with my startup!. ;))! I'm so sensitive with the startup speed, so I scare about updated to Windows 10 will decrease my startup speed!

Any answer will do, thanks! ;););)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE D OT A !
5 REPLIES 5

borkri
Level 7
Got mine ROGg751jy on saturday ... let it finish setting up 8.1 ... then updated bios to 208 ... did a reboot or two before doing an upgrade to windows 10 .. everything went smooth and no issues with 208 what so ever here at least

b.

asabovesobelow
Level 7
Alright, noted. Thanks for your answer. Did you use WinFlash to update your BIOS too? 🙂

antoine52200
Level 8
Use winflash, i did like 3 times on my g751 and no issue, just keep the bios file on your desktop or in yor C: directory. you could have issues if you don't!

clockworksatan
Level 7
Upon seeing this thread, I updated my BIOS to 208 last night using Winflash. Easy peasy, no problems encountered.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

asabovesobelow
Level 7
Welcome 😃 Still waiting other answers =(