cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Clean Install Inquiry

akosiflava
Level 7
Now that i have upgraded my ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71 to Windows 10 Home, i want to clean install it. But I'm hesitant because I'm not sure if the BIOS will remain. (Sorry for being a newbie here) I like seeing the ROG LOGO on the system load time. I dont want to not see it after clean installing windows. Please, I need help! Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

xeromist
Win10 does not overwrite the BIOS. What you see now is exactly the same as what you'll see when you clean install. Note that there is a factory reset function within Windows 10 that gives you virtually the same thing as a clean install. You might consider that first before going to the trouble of wiping and starting over.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Darnassus
Status Under Review
To keep your RoG logo for when you boot up, just re-enable FastBoot and SecureBoot in the BIOS once you've finished upgrading. ;d

MaxCioco
Level 7
I don't have any of them and I have a retail version of Windows ( not oem - cheaper that way here ) and a costum bios and I still get the logo.

So most likely you don't have to worry about that.

Honami
Level 7
I wounder if i can use the asus 3rd party programs from windows 8.1 on 10 X64

Honami wrote:
I wounder if i can use the asus 3rd party programs from windows 8.1 on 10 X64

yes

MelvinZ
Level 8
would a clean install erase all of the necessary pre installed drivers and software and whatnot? Or would it re-install/ keep things that came installed by Asus?

MelvinZ wrote:
would a clean install erase all of the necessary pre installed drivers and software and whatnot? Or would it re-install/ keep things that came installed by Asus?

clean install is clean. No ASUS software. You can download the win 8.1 64-bit for that. They work fine.

Maxter
Level 9
I went with the update. Do not hibernate or sleep and you'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll have TDR issues with the graphics card (been there and it sucks).
If you can live without those 2 things, Win 10 is awesome! I love the multiple desktops and speed

MaxCioco
Level 7
I want to do a clean install as well, but my concern is this one:

How does Windows 10 perform? What are the known problems that it causes, how can they be fixed (if possible) and do games work better than in W8.1?