cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding DDR3 RAM

JimmyH
Level 10
Good morning, or evening depending where you are in the world.

I am currently running my rig with G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-16GTX (4x4GB) and am pretty happy.
It's purring away at 4.5GHz without the slightest hiccup and that's Win 10 too.

I am getting bored with the colour scheme so was thinking of changing the fans, the liquid or tubing in my custom loop, and sleeved cabling, but I get stuck finding RAM.

The suppliers or stores seem to be reducing the quantities and varieties of XMP RAM. I can't seem to find any above 2133, well not a lot.

The board quotes 3300 (O.C.) but the only manufacturer on the QVL doesn't not even advertise and the M7F doesn't even appear on their vendors for anything above 2133 MHz.

The next one down 3100 MHz (O.C.) there are two manufacturers on the QVL both don't offer that speed of RAM.

I was hoping for a different type and maybe a different colour other than RED. Maybe I will have to think about painting them and sticking with the 2400 MHz that I have which by the way the M7F does not appear on the Vendors list for that speed of RAM, nor does it appear on the QVL.

There appears to be no stores in Australia stocking XMP memory for 1150 boards. Is this because the 1151 is coming out some time soon?
0 REPLIES 0