cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qfan tuning problems

iAzriel
Level 7
I already post this in the Bios 2801 thread but forgive this double post cause things are most irritating. I got a Maximus VII Ranger with 2 chasis fans in DC Mode and one CPU fan in PWM mode...qfan totally messes everything up, making the cpu fan running at 100% speed at all times. Manual tuning is really messed up, sometimes it works for chasis fans but not for the cpu one , sometimes the opposite...It locks temperatures and speed in random values that cannot be changed, sometimes at 100% some other times at 60% etc. I've tried restoring defaults and reflashing the bios without success... Qfan tuning started messing things up even from 2 previous versions but I always found a way to fix it. This time things are hopeless no previous solutions seems to work...
4 REPLIES 4

Norcus
Level 8
Run QFan a couple of more times. If that does not help, clear CMOS and go back to 2702.

Thx for the answer. Will try running it more times...shall I put everything in default before doing so? The funny thing is that 2702 also had similar issues lol...

As for clear CMOS function, I turn off the PC (do I have to unplug it also?) and press the clear CMOS button on the MB right? Anything else I have to do?

iAzriel
Level 7
Well, I ran the Qfan 2-3 times more and in the end it actually got the correct values. Too bad the fan doesn't obey these values, meaning the fan is set to work at 30% below 50 degrees and it runs at 60%... hopeless 😞

Norcus
Level 8
If the DC fan is set to 30% it means the motherboard supplies it with 30% power. It does not translate to 30% of max rpm. PWM fans should be more predicable in that way, but each fan is different. Same brand and model usually stay around the same rpms at the same power.

As for resetting CMOS there is a button on the rear IO panel. Read the manual.