cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Smart Gesture not working, and fn+f9 not working

asbani
Level 7
I am trying to fix this issue for weeks now.

My laptop is g551j - the gaming notebook.

I wanted to set it up so that asus smart gesture disables the mousepad when mouse is detected, in the options I have that checked, but it doesn't disable mousepad at all, and when I try to manually disable my mousepad using fn+g9, nothing happens either.

I've tried updating all drivers, Ive updated the Smart Gesture from asus support itself, and I also uninstalled the ROG Mouse gaming program too thinking it may be causing the issue since I don't use the asus mouse and I use my own, so I removed that program.

I also reinstalled the drivers from support asus site
10 REPLIES 10

asbani
Level 7
also forgot to note, all the functions inside the asus smart gesture aren't working either, when I opened it to see why the "Disable mousepad when mouse is detected" wasn't working, I gave a try to other functions too, nothing is working.

danwanli
Level 7
i had the same problem. Went from Windows 7 to 10. My Asus G75VW wouldnt lock the touchpad. I tried the whole updating ATK, Chipset, then the new SmartGesture software. It would fail and unload the install. Finally got SmartGesture Win7_64_VER2214 downloaded and installed and everything works now. Crazy stuff.

asbani
Level 7
So you downloaded smartgesture for windows 7? or where did you get that file? can you provide link please, thanks.

asbani
Level 7
Edit: I found the download, installed it, still same problem, auto detection disable isnt working or any other functionality. besides fn+f9 still doesn't work

asbani
Level 7
I think this problem is related to the whole laptop G551J - and notice that mine says under the laptop g551j only, there isn't any letter behind the letter "J" so I found all the laptops online are either g551jw or something else, but mine only has one letter, so I dunno how related this to the issue, I found another thread saying that fn+f9 doesn't work for them either.

andxy94
Level 7
I think u have to uninstall the driver first before u install the windows 10 version smart gesture driver. It works for me

asbani
Level 7
windows 10? why would i use windows 10 driver, i'm on windows 8.1

andxy94
Level 7
thought you are having this problem after upgrading to windows 10. i had the same problem with you after i upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1. Eventually i fixed the problem by removing the smart gesture driver and installing it again. That's all i know, hope it helps. Goodluck

asbani
Level 7
I see, thanks dude...but my problem is deeper than this, because the fn+f9 key also doesnt work, I think its a g551jw problem. I've tried everything, even installed the windows 10 gesture driver to see if that works, it didn't.