cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ AUO Screen replacement to IPS screen

Honami
Level 7
Hello,
I have the ASUS G750JZ with the AUO screen (Full model: AUO B173HW02 V.1).
Now, i'm intrested to "upgrade" the screen itself to ips based one.
I have the knowledge to do the job (did this alot of times), just the connection is confusing me.
The AUO uses 40 pin connector AFAIK and i can't find any IPS based screen with 40 pins online for purchase.
Someone here did replaced the AUO screen to any other IPS\TN screen and can help me to find a decent Screen?
TIA
3 REPLIES 3

Jlieu
Level 7
Not compatible. Socket and size is not compatible.

FYI, IPS is 30pins based on G751.

if some one have any info please share.

c3141rog
Level 7
Honami wrote:
Hello,
I have the ASUS G750JZ with the AUO screen (Full model: AUO B173HW02 V.1).
Now, i'm intrested to "upgrade" the screen itself to ips based one.
I have the knowledge to do the job (did this alot of times), just the connection is confusing me.
The AUO uses 40 pin connector AFAIK and i can't find any IPS based screen with 40 pins online for purchase.
Someone here did replaced the AUO screen to any other IPS\TN screen and can help me to find a decent Screen?
TIA

There are no IPS screens that use a 40 pin LVDS interface. All IPS screens are either 50 PIN LVDS (needed for 8 bit color) or eDP (embedded Display Port).

Your best bet is to try and find a B173HW01 V4 which is probably the best TN panel ever made (however make sure it is the exact part and not simply "compatible" because often times people will sell a compatible screen that is a different model). It's not quite as good as an IPS but it is very close.

c3141rog wrote:
There are no IPS screens that use a 40 pin LVDS interface. All IPS screens are either 50 PIN LVDS (needed for 8 bit color) or eDP (embedded Display Port).

Your best bet is to try and find a B173HW01 V4 which is probably the best TN panel ever made (however make sure it is the exact part and not simply "compatible" because often times people will sell a compatible screen that is a different model). It's not quite as good as an IPS but it is very close.

Thanks for your replay about the compatability of IPS panels. Didn't knew tha they use 50 pin or eDP.
Now, i found this one: AUO B173HW01 V.5
Compared to the AUO that i have, this one can give me "better" image quality?