cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751Jt Plugged in , Not Charging

petcuaanh
Level 7
Hey , i'm new with the Asus G751Jt-CH72 , after a while using it appear on the battery icon that "Plugged in , not charging"
Is there something wrong with my battery or a bug that can be fix ?
I search for the solution for a while but there are a lot of solution that involved in taking the battery out , i don't want to because my warranty stamp is still on it and i want to make sure that this can be fixed before i take it out to check
The battery just stay though
18 REPLIES 18

clockworksatan
Level 7
I found this by doing a google search; might be worth a try:

1. Go into the control panel and select Device Manager .
2. Expand the Batteries category.
3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .
Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .
Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

clockworksatan wrote:
I found this by doing a google search; might be worth a try:

1. Go into the control panel and select Device Manager .
2. Expand the Batteries category.
3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .
Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .
Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging.

it work on my newest GL553VD
thanks!

petcuaanh
Level 7
No 😞 it's not , already tried this method
This is my 1st gaming laptop and it kinda ruined me , still looking for solutions

clockworksatan
Level 7
You could try letting the battery run down completely and, once it's empty, holding down the power button to completely drain it. Then boot up and see if it charges?
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

InfernoStorm
Level 10
So the issue is the battery doesn't charge to full and it will say plugged in and not charging?

Since you already looked through internet for solutions so I'm guessing you already tried the discharging trick?

It's most likely a memory issue with the battery, likely need to get it replaced.

InfernoStorm wrote:
So the issue is the battery doesn't charge to full and it will say plugged in and not charging?

Since you already looked through internet for solutions so I'm guessing you already tried the discharging trick?

It's most likely a memory issue with the battery, likely need to get it replaced.

Yes 😞 it stays at 98% all the time and say not charging , please show me the discharging trick
I don't want anything to be replaced too soon , not when I just enjoy a little bit of it 😞

petcuaanh wrote:
Yes 😞 it stays at 98% all the time and say not charging , please show me the discharging trick
I don't want anything to be replaced too soon , not when I just enjoy a little bit of it 😞

I explained it it my last post 😉
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H

JBM
Level 7
I believe this has been covered before on the forum a few times, that if its power is plugged in it is quite normal for the battery to hover around 95-100% and
state plugged in not charging.

JBM wrote:
I believe this has been covered before on the forum a few times, that if its power is plugged in it is quite normal for the battery to hover around 95-100% and
state plugged in not charging.

Really ? I hope you're right because I had a hard time figuring this out , it upset me a lot
Had this ROG just about a week and I don't want it to have any issue