cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitors on a G750JW, possible?

meandrak
Level 7
Hey everyone!

I'm currently using a ASUS VX238H monitor as a second screen with my ASUS ROG G750JW and have it connected via HDMI. I'd like to buy another and run two monitors off of the laptop. I know there's only one HDMI out, so I'm not sure how to connect two monitors and have different feeds to each (screen 1, screen 2). My intent is to game on the left one, and use the right for productivity, etc.
Is anyone else doing this successfully? How? 🙂

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Matt

*EDIT: to clarify the feeds
5 REPLIES 5

Maxter
Level 9
you could try to connect the 2nd monitor to the VGA port...

Good idea. Especially if I use screen 2 mostly for productivity (I won't be concerned as much with resolution). Anyone tried this scenario, specifically?----monitor 1 via HDMA and monitor 2 via VGA displaying two separate desktops/feeds?

Will test with HDMI to monitor, and VGA maybe on my television before purchasing a second monitor.

I would like to know, however, if it is possible to split the HDMI out to two monitors with different feeds/desktops.

Thanks @Maxter.
-Matt

Yes it´s possible, I had tried even 3 external monitors, one for the HDMI, one using vga port and one on the mini display port, and all four monitors works ok at the same time.

Good luck

@Areosjc Thanks! -- per yours and @Maxter's suggestion, I'll use VGA for monitor 2 and HDMI for monitor 1.

Cheers,
Matt

Maxter
Level 9
I've never had them at the same time, but I've used both for powerpoint presentations...