cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M7F Low Audio Output

wa3pnt
Level 7
I've searched the M7 Forums and not found a discussion on this issue.

Upgraded from a M6E to the M7F.

Installed the latest drivers from the ASUS Site, including Realtek_Audio_Win7-8-8.1_V6017450

The rear panel audio output is extremely low, with all controls set to max.

I uninstalled the above driver, and using the WIndows Drivers the sound is MUCH louder.

Is there a solution to this issue?

RodeoGeorge
3 REPLIES 3

Quixote
Level 7
On the M7F, I know that I can't use the "Sonic Sound Stage" feature on the RealTek HD Audio Manager application for any speakers plugged into the back audio ports for some reason. That being said, I can use "Sonic Studio" feature (the next tab over from the Sonic Sound Stage) with the back ports without a problem. When I click on the center hexagonal area that reads "Sonic Studio", it turns on all of those surrounding tweak controls and the sound is significantly louder and better out of my speakers. You can customize it for your speakers or headphones that are plugged into the back. Have you tried the Sonic Studio feature on the RealTek Audio Manager? Was it on when you had the Audio Manager application installed? When the Sonic Studio feature is off, whatever speakers you have plugged into the back will be softer and weaker if you're using Real Tek Audio Manager (or that was my experience). When I turn it on, I get an immediate nice full sound and plenty of options to customize, including preset sound profiles for various purposes and musical genres. I don't know if that information helps you any. Sorry if you had already tried that.

wa3pnt
Level 7
Thank you very much Quixote.

That is a good work around. I set the amplifier level to "Extreme" on the Speaker Configuration tab, and then went to the Sonic Studio tab and set a custom equalizer with all sliders at the +12 level.

Plenty of volume now.

RodeoGeorge

P.S. 24 years in the USMC took its toll on my hearing. Wear hearing aids, but now even with them it's getting difficult to hear. Of course old age (73) doesn't help either.

wa3pnt wrote:
Thank you very much Quixote.

That is a good work around. I set the amplifier level to "Extreme" on the Speaker Configuration tab, and then went to the Sonic Studio tab and set a custom equalizer with all sliders at the +12 level.

Plenty of volume now.

RodeoGeorge

P.S. 24 years in the USMC took its toll on my hearing. Wear hearing aids, but now even with them it's getting difficult to hear. Of course old age (73) doesn't help either.

I'm really glad it worked, George. I understand about the hearing. I played drums for 20 years and mine is shot. I think you're the one with the flight simulator, right? Have a good time with it. Talk to you later.