cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW won't start after a reset

Torpedo499
Level 7
Hello, my Asus G750JW won't startup after I tried to reset windows 10 on it. It keeps sending me to a Blue Screen of Death that says I have an inacessable boot device. I don't know what caused this since I was just trying to reset windows. I have an SSD as my usual boot drive
and I'm able to get into the BIOS but despite changing to from ACHI to IDE (and reverse) it will not load to Windows. The drives are detected in the BIOS however. I also have a Asus Backtracker restore on a flash drive but it said error when I loaded it.

What can I do to boot my PC? Please help.
9 REPLIES 9

Torpedo499
Level 7
Bump. Can anyone help? I'm currently trying to restore it via Recovery Drive

redduc900
Level 9
With the thumb drive containing the factory image inserted, you're pressing the Esc key during POST, then selecting the UEFI: thumb drive as the boot device? A different approach is to see if you can access the recovery partition by pressing F9 during POST. When at the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files. Either method will wipe your drives.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

redduc900 wrote:
With the thumb drive containing the factory image inserted, you're pressing the Esc key during POST, then selecting the UEFI: thumb drive as the boot device? A different approach is to see if you can access the recovery partition by pressing F9 during POST. When at the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files. Either method will wipe your drives.

I already tried that, I think it wiped my drive but didn't restore windows. I no longer get a bluescreen, just a boot loop.
When I load from the factory image, I get this.50924

Torpedo499
Level 7
Now it just goes into a boot loop.

Torpedo499
Level 7
Tried everything. Probably going to RMA.

btw, you should be on ACHI (maybe set everything on the BIOS to default). You also have the latest BIOS installed, right? v208

Maxter
Level 9
get UBCD (ultimate boot cd), start up via UBCD, use the software inside to wipe the hard drive. Restart with the stick inside and it should go correctly. As a side note, I have the JW and had to revert to Win 8 (then upgrade to 8.1). Windows 10 and the nvidia drivers don't match in our computer yet. I had non-stop kernel mode crash. It's unfortunate... maybe in a couple of months they'll figure it out. It seems Windows 10 doesn't know how to provide the right amount of energy to the GPU. This issue always happened when switching from battery mode to plug into outlet mode.

Maxter wrote:
get UBCD (ultimate boot cd), start up via UBCD, use the software inside to wipe the hard drive. Restart with the stick inside and it should go correctly. As a side note, I have the JW and had to revert to Win 8 (then upgrade to 8.1). Windows 10 and the nvidia drivers don't match in our computer yet. I had non-stop kernel mode crash. It's unfortunate... maybe in a couple of months they'll figure it out. It seems Windows 10 doesn't know how to provide the right amount of energy to the GPU. This issue always happened when switching from battery mode to plug into outlet mode.

So I talked to them about an RMA and the guy said it would cost $640 to repair which is ridiculous. I picked up and iso from microsoft and installed it on my HDD. How can I transfer that copy over to the SSD without using backtracker? It says it doesn't support my system anymore.

Maxter
Level 9
wait... so it works with your HDD and not the SSD?! are you sure AHCI is enabled? it could be a faulty SSD if this is true.
I wouldn't clone from HDD to SSD (the SSD should've come with software for that - alternatively, you could use macrium reflect to create and image of the HHD).
Cloning causes so many problems (have yet to hear from someone that it works flawlessly). I would always go backtracker for clean install.
Also, you can install into SSD the same way you did for HDD (just switch them)